Mac blank screen, colored screen and black blocks [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED]

Zwift for mac users has been down for nearly 24 hours now after an upgrade. Not great that validation process for software changes has allowed this to happen and very slow response time in fixing the issue or retreating to last version that worked. Not sure if they don’t have the technical capability or capacity to fix or desire to resolve quickly. Either way not great customer service. What other training platforms are others using that work well for mac users?

6 Likes

I’m having this exact same issue on my Mac laptop!

1 Like

14 day free trial of WAHOO SYSTM that’ll do nicely, thanks for nothing zwift

2 Likes

I have a similar issue, I cluck “lets go” its launches zwift app and gets all the way through loading and crashes at the last minute.

Macbook Pro 2012 8Gb running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Was working fine until the update today, tried reinstalling and updating the OS… no dice.

Exactly same for me! Still not fixed.

is ist possible to revert back to the previous version while the team works out a fix?

2 Likes

Hi
After the todays update there is No Chance to start zwift in my imac highsierra 10.13.6

Please give my some Support to solve this Bug!!!

Any further update?

Not yet, but once there is, we will communicate it. The teams have been, and continue to be, actively working on it. We know this is incredibly frustrating for all of you. As soon as we see an update, you’ll know!

4 Likes

Same problem here:
MacBook Air (13-inch, Late 2010)
macOS High Sierra V 10.13.6

Hope there’ll be a solution asap.

Same here with macOS Sierra 10.12.6, app disappears after a second or two of pressing lets go.

Extremely irritating, and not for the first time. Better to just say you’ll no longer support older macOS than go through this every few months

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 20.24.32

Same issues - was perfect before the latest update :frowning:

Me parece una vergüenza lo que ha pasado hoy. Había quedado con varios amigos para hacer una carrera y al actualizar no he podido ejecutar el programa en mi mac antiguo del 2011 (High sierra). Pagamos para tener un servicio acorde, por favor.
Se va a solucionar pronto el problema? No van a devolver el dinero?

1 Like

Having issue on 2020 MacBook Pro (10.15.7). Not just old Macs

1 Like

Same problems Mac Mini 2012 OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I could try to roll back the update as I have Time Machine running but the first thing Zwift does is run the update so that would need turning off first?

It does still run, worst part is black screen but it does come back to the red and green. Sends file to Strava okay.

1 Like

This did not solve it for me. Both the Documents and the Zwift folders are “unlocked”. I realize this is a known issue on older Macs, but it’s been a while since this was first reported and I, for one, would like to use my Mac! I’m on OS 10.13.6, High Sierra.

For the record. Zwift screen froze upon changing worlds, flickered a few times at the beginning of the workout, then went black. But the trainer resistance was controlled correctly, so I could finish the workout by looking at the workout screen in the Companion app.

So annoying I’m having the same problem with 2015 mac book running OS X El Capitan.

When I click Lets Go, it won’t launch, it just disappears.

Same here, screen didn’t work after Lets Go, but I could still use the companion app to complete a session. Was working OK on Monday.