Mac blank screen, colored screen and black blocks [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED]

Paul, how does this happen from a developer/development perspective? As in, how do these updates get released to the community when they have fundamental issues? it’s almost as though you (Zwift) don’t bother to actually test them and just let the community do the QC for you. This is clearly not the first time this happened and is certainly not good enough for a product we’re having to pay for.

5 Likes

Perhaps not applying updates by force would help those of us that just want to train…

C

3 Likes

I’m having exactly the same screens as this.

Same issues here, on a 2013 MacBook Pro with the latest iOS update installed.

1 Like

Same as for me! What is the solution?

1 Like

Also here, crash after ‘let’s go ’, MacBook Pro OS X 10.12.6

Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.7
2.7 Ghz Quad - Core Intel core i5
iMac Late 2012
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640m 512mb

Experienced the same issue when I ws finally able to launch the App. All good for 20 minutes until changed worlds for an Event - then flickering - then Black screen. Companion app was fine.

1 Like

Adding my voice to the thread, crashes silently after clicking “Let’s Go”. Reboot, reinstall has no effect. Running OSX Sierra on my Zwift iMac but I get the same on my High Sierra MacBook Air

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.29.47 PM

Example log file is below:

[17:28:59] Log Time: 17:28:59 2021-10-21
[17:28:59] Game Version: 1.0.85474
[17:28:59] Config: Shipping
[17:28:59] Device: iMac12,1
[17:28:59] Launcher Version : 1.0.25
[17:28:59] Loading WAD file ‘assets/global.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/Environment/Ground/textures.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/WhiteOrangeTheme.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/minimap/minimap.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/Scotty/Scotty.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/layouts/layouts.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Loading WAD file ‘assets/Environment/GrassTextures/GrassTextures.wad’ with file.
[17:29:00] Successful audio init!
[17:29:00] Loaded audio banks
[17:29:00] Initializing graphics window of size 0 x 0
[17:29:00] GFXDevice_Metal::Initialize(): Failed to find device
[17:29:00] Calculating Graphics Score

This is my screen

Macbook pro retina 2012 and my screen is completely blank. I can hear everything helicopter, wheels, rideons, pedals clipping, but blank screen. Help please!!

Someone tell me if I have posted some super personal information accidentally please I am bad at computers :see_no_evil:

No; the screen image is relatively small so the details are not apparent :slight_smile:

1 Like

10.13.6 crashes on “Let’s Go”

10.12.6 here. Looks like this is not related to the age of my OS since there are people with much newer operating systems experiencing issues. I thought you guys learned your lesson last spring when you did that faulty install. Please stop using paying customers as beta testers. I’d much rather you stop adding needless gaming features and simply focus on creating a stable platform.

2 Likes

Hey Paul,

Yes this is frustrating for a lot of us users, but I’m sure it is just as frustrating on your end. Perhaps this may be a good time to consider expanding the test group or re-evaluate the test group you have to include more Apple/Mac users. I would happily test out an update prior to release. I have a good variety of Apple products, from old too new.
I am not sure how this update got released and us Mac users have no control over the automatic update and we cannot go back to a previous release. Please look into these issues.
Thanks

1 Like

I have a very old Mac mini, and the graphics card doesn’t meet the minimum spec, but it’s been working fine until today (21 Oct). Applied the latest update, and now it just crashes after clicking Let’s Go. I tried a complete reinstall, but same result.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.38.15 PM

same problem here (Zwift crashing after clicking on “Let’s go”):

Hi all - thanks for your patience through this. The root cause has been identified and the team is working on a fix. We’ll provide more updates as we get closer.

8 Likes

@P_a_u_l - You guys should really develop a user story to give users the option to do two things:

1. Revert to last installed version when updates like this happen bricking many users. Normally this shouldn’t be needed but this isn’t the first time your unit tests have failed you UAT.

2. Allow users to upgrade when “THEY CHOOSE TO” and not automatically like it is now. Not sure why you guys force these updates but most companies don’t force the user’s hand.

Also one note on older laptops. Most Zwift users I know don’t tend to use their primary laptop or computer for Zwift. Some have to but many, like me, opt to use an older laptop and just dedicate it to the pain cave. As such, you guys have more of a need from you users to support older Operating Systems. For example, I can no longer update my MacOS past High Sierra on my 2011 Macbook Pro but it works great. I get that there is a limit to far back you can go but when it comes to macs the hardware lasts way longer than most PC’s.

10 Likes