Mac blank screen, colored screen and black blocks [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED]

Mine is crashing after the log in screen

macOS Sierra version 10.13.6.

Same problem. app crashes after hitting “Let’s Go”.
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.07.10 pm

I have the same issue on my MacBook air after update

Any update from Zwift? Yellow red then black screen.

I have something that could help you debug this issue.

Tried launching Zwift on my MacBook Pro now. Updated and discovered that when I enter a world, e.g. Richmond, it stalls at the loading of the world and there is a big Z flashing forever with “Loading Richmond…” written below.

I tried relaunching the game and joining Watopia, but then the whole game starts flashing (before loading anything). If I don’t click anything it stays like that, and if I click I’m suddenly in Watopia but all avatars are going back and forth. However, if I enter pairings screen the flashing stops :slight_smile: If I maximize the window, it turns black. If I exit the pairing screen I get 0W.
This bug is spectacular!

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 09.17.38

I’m normally running Zwift with an eGPU:
Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 09.18.53

However, this time it appears that Zwift doesn’t use the eGPU any more, and instead it uses 100% of my built-in graphics card:
Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 09.27.46

The option to run Zwift from the eGPU has disappeared. It used to be available as an option for ZwiftApp.app under “Get info”

1 Like

Macbook air (2011) high sierra

Error in log after update: GFXDevice Metal::iNITIALIZE(): Failed to find device

1 Like

Yep. I have the same as this. Thanks for posting. I updated this morning and since I have the blank screen w/ the menus and info o my.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-21 à 10.40.36

following this morning’s update no more access

Kind of annoyed zwift. Missed a race this evening because you force push upgrades and in this case it caused lots of people to end up dead.

My team time trial mates ended up having one less person

Do I get a refund for this month’s subscription?

1 Like

Have a Macbook Pro which i had updated by my work to Macos Catalina 10.15.7. Since then when i run Zwift it starts flashing and then crashes - black screen, Tried installing as per guidelines and also total new install, changing the documents folder rights etc to no avail.

I’m getting the same problem, the app opens and when I click ‘Lets Go’ the app closes.

For what it’s worth, things still look normal on mine, M1 Macbook Air (2020) running Big Sur 11.6.

[quote=“Paul_Ruinaard, post:55, topic:558968”]
Zwift it starts flashing and then crashes - black screen, Tried installing as per guidelines and also total new install, changing the documents folder rights etc to no avail.
[/quoteZwift return following the problem
At this time, we are aware of this known issue.

While we are currently working on its resolution, please check this article periodically for updates. The article is only available in English, so if you have any questions, drop us a line.

Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue.

Regards
Emilia p
Member Experience Agent
Zwift

Same here.

I can add that when I get the black screen, I am able to get out of it by hitting the “Esc” button.
Then, the whole screen will be flashing on and off until I hit “A” to get to the pairing screen. Power won’t help me forward unless I stay in the pairing screen, ride until I have visible power, then Esc to get back into riding - but I get dizzy after a few seconds of flashing screen and end up staying in the pairing screen (which sends the avatar at full speed through whatever world I had entered).

In other words, something is seriously wrong and my main feature request is to be able to revert to an older version…
(I listed my details in the post further up, hopefully the one I responded to now :wink: )