Level 50+ update?

I care about as much about more levels as I do about all the jerseys I never wear.

I’d rather time was spent on fixing bugs and properly testing updates to make sure new bugs aren’t introduced every month

4 Likes

Yes! Thank you, I couldn’t remember what it was called.

Riding along with C. Cadence yesterday and so was Eric. He confirmed in the chat that there would be 50+ levels soon. He mentioned that about 1% of Zwifters are currently lvl 50

1 Like

Good to get further confirmation. Thank you.
It would be interesting to know whether that 1% is of all existing Zwift accounts, or a subsection.

There seem to be many abandoned or paused accounts, plus inactive doubles, used for observing, DS-ing, etc.
I’d bet that the proportion of regular users and those who zwift year round who are level 50 is much higher than 1%.

Edit: I don’t imagine that Zwift would give those figures out, but I’d be curious to know the number of Zwifters who are at 50, currently.

4 Likes

He mentioned that about 1% of Zwifters are currently lvl 50

That’s probably out of all accounts ever created, wonder what that # would be for active users. I bet it’s much higher.

5 Likes

…and if you look at the % of riders in game at any given time, it will probably favor the high mileage riders who are even more likely to be 50+

2 Likes

I’m level 50 and have been for some time, I’m not what I would call a high mileage user, maybe not so much these days anyway. 1% at level 50 seems remarkably low. I would suspect that most people at level 50 are still active. To achieve level 50 takes a fair old amount of time and is more indicative of somebody who is a long term Zwifter and unlikely to be lured away by a competitor or just give us cycling completely.

Be nice for more levels, even if its a bit of kit that serves no performance benefit at least having another level to aim for may provide a bit of motivation.

I’ll not ask about any plans to increase running beyond level 21.

1 Like

By definition, those at level 50 are Zeift’s most dedicated and frequent users. It’s an utter head-shaker on why Zwift would ignore that particular group, let alone do so for such an extended period of time……

6 Likes

Bigger Picture, the platform needed an overhaul to remove alot of the Agile/ Rapid Dev debt.
Also for a while Zwift may have been able to coast on level 50 as the cohort are more interested in cranking out big distances, but with more “time served” riders getting to 50 (& RGT waiting in the shadows) sounds like more levels are on the cards, just hope we get Garage Sale functionality at the same time, as I suspect the biggest delay is coming up with loads of new presents to give us at each level completion.
Guessing there are 100+ over 100,000km (zwift power show a top 50)
I’m at 45,000+km with a decent weekly mileage, but plenty do more.
Just need levels, well maybe a shirt every 10 or 25 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve been listening to elon Musk too much :rofl:

2 Likes

Okay I want to be able to buy drops with Doge.

Drops are worth more then Doge! :rofl:

4 Likes

Just adding my voice here. Zwifter since 2016, level 50 for approx 12 months.
We need new levels.

2 Likes

As Rouvy have done for a while now. Each year your career progression resets. Irrespective of the career reset, Rouvy have always made a big deal of those members who reached Legend status. That kind of recognition would be welcome on Zwift.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see whether RGT introduce a level system or other form of user achievement recognition now that they are owned by Wahoo. Previously, the RGT community has been vocal in saying they don’t care about any form of gamification, but that may change as the new Wahoo RGT seeks to appeal to a broader audience. Would be a great opportunity for Wahoo to use their product ecosystem to reward active riders and incentivise newer subscribers. Could be a lesson in that for Zwift if it’s done well.

2 Likes

Entrenched customers aren’t going anywhere; rewarding them provides little value to the overall user base. Effort for little value is not a good use of time and resources.

There’s value for everyone by providing group activities like the pace partners and recently pace ride leaders, which are also promoting social interaction which again pays more dividends to motivate people to come back.

I achieved level 50 last week and have gone over 30 miles since, none of which are accumulating! Please fix this!"

They will be accumulating in the background (check your distance total), you just won’t see any more orange progress bar until Zwift adds more levels. Might be soon, might be never. Welcome to the (very large) club.

There is nothing to “fix” as such, level 50 is currently the highest by design.

Your XP points will still be ticking up but doing very little other than just increasing.

1 Like

There are many games that have prestige modes, seasons, scheduled resets, etc. I think they are an accepted part of the gaming community and I don’t see any reason why with sufficient communication and notice that Zwift couldn’t do this as well. However sufficient and timely communication hasn’t typically been a strong suit for zwift. Many events including national championships have historically been announced pretty last minute.