Level 50+ update?

What would that be? Riding with wet shorts? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Zwift already allow ankle high socksā€¦

Zwift is just a game. Each game ends once. You can start again from level 1. :grinning:

1 Like

Why would Zwift have to end?

Also games is a one time payment they want you to get to the end so you buy the next levels.

We will chat again when you get to level 50ā€¦ LOL :rofl:

4 Likes

you could have a Minecraft style optional ā€œThe Endā€ with credits, etc. and then you go back to playing the game. There is also an optional Marketplace where they would really like you to buy texture pack and skin upgrades, which Iā€™d rather not in either game!

At this point, why are there even levels anymore? There has to be thousands of people by now who have reached level 50. If theyā€™re not going to bump that up to 500 or infinity, then why have it at all?

1 Like

Maybe this is unpopular, but I donā€™t actually think the number of levels is the issue. 50 levels is a lot of levels but I believe Zwift made the leveling XP way too linear, where many games go more exponential - I play multiple games where the last level of XP for instance takes close to the same amount as it took for you to go from level 1 to the second last level for instance.

In Zwift you start needing 20k XP at level 39->40, and thatā€™s the same amount of XP you need to go form each level thereafter to L50. If they made it more exponential (i.e. to get to 50 from 49 would be way more XP than from 48-49 etcā€¦, many fewer people would have maxed out their levels. Heck, Iā€™m 1/5th of the way to 50 in terms of XP and I started end of October.

I mean, they should still have somewhere to go once you hit 50 (like prestiging in Call of Duty, or something to ensure you always have something to work on), but itā€™s a bit odd that it takes no more time to go from 49-50 as it does from 39-40, 41-42, and so on.

3 Likes

Yes this ia a good point. See this example for levels above 50

Iā€™d be down for this. Regardless, Zwift has been around for about 7 years now. Even if your changes were implemented from the start, there would be quite a few people maxed out already.

It seems a bit lame that the folks who have been paying for the service the longest have fewer incentives and motivations. Seeing a ā€œlevel 125ā€, or whatever, next to your name can also give you a sense of pride when riding with clubmates.

6 Likes

Iā€™m Level 49. Since I predominately ride Zwift in the winter and when the weather is otherwise uncooperative itā€™s taken me a while to get to this point. My first ride on Zwift was in November 2018. I agree with much of what has been said in regards to the the leveling up as motivation. I have to admit though that I was dismayed when the levels were increased from 25 to 50 as I was around 20 and I felt the goal line was moved out from underneath me. I suspect Zwift is afraid of creating the perception that the game is too ā€œgrindyā€ for the (probably) majority of riders who are not putting in hundreds of kmā€™s a week. They are more worried about the user at level 8 than they are for us. As for me, once I hit 50 and get the maso badge I may pause Zwift for a while and try out some of the other apps. Iā€™ve done a few free rides on RGT and it definitely offers a different experience than Zwift.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at Level 49 now and Iā€™m also a bit afraid what will happen, when I reach Level 50. Gaining XP was always a big motivation for me, I rode for example ā€œboringā€ routes for getting the route badge and extra XP or joined the Tour of Watopia for double XP, even if I normally avoid ā€œboringā€ (compared to racing :wink: ) group rides. I hope we will get more levels, 10 more would be fine. Bigger gaps in needed XP und some simple stuff like jerseys, socks or paintjobs for bikes and I would be happy. I think this would be not very difficult to develop, but it would make a lot of people happy!

7 Likes

Why is the fun only up to level 50 ??

Level 51ā€¦?
Nope! ;-p

7 Likes

Great idea John! Iā€™m on Level 49 as well. Once I finish the Zwift game at Level 50, I think Iā€™ll try some of the other cycling games too!

1 Like

Same here. I tried RGT a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but I want to hit level 50 this year (currently at 40) and decided to focus on Zwift. I told myself Iā€™d spend more time with RGT and the other competitors once I get to 50.

1 Like

I had never heard of RGT but the reviews look great and, having hit 50 and seeing no roadmap for change on Zwift, Iā€™m going to give it a try and, if itā€™s as good as the reviews suggest, make the switch. Too bad, Iā€™ve been with Zwift for several years but sometimes change is goodā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

RGTā€™s Magic Roads is a nice feature. Today i reached lvl40 (after 12.5 month zwifting), after lvl50 i will spent more time using RGT.
Since three month iā€™m also running using Zwift - currently lvl10. Max. Lvl21ā€¦ =)
BTW. You should take a look at Rouvyā€¦

We need level 50+!
Tour of watopia with double XP makes no sense without any new levelsā€¦

5 Likes

Level 51+ would be great, just trying to get in the million + XP club and enjoying the group rides (over 900k xp) then 50,000km, keep finding the next target until we get a moving XP bar again.

1 Like

I had an idea for this - well actually 2 ideas.

firstly - once you get to 50 you your 50 moves across and you start from 1 again, then if you get to 50 twice there is a counter after 50 - like in the picture below:

or you could just toggle between displaying drops and XP points so people could see how far past 50 you were?

I donā€™t really mind just staying at 50 because i never tell anyone and donā€™t stream or anything so no one would ever know and I donā€™t care about jerseys/gloves/hats, but for people who do live stream or whatever then at least there would be an indicator of what level they are at.

3 Likes