Level 50+ update?

Hey, Gerrie, what’s your Zwift level?

Gerrie:

1 Like

I think we’d all like that but that doesn’t seem to be an option!

I’m doing that now. My second character should be level 50 in December 2022. I hope there will be more levels by then.

I really wish you could add characters to your profile

would be nice to have a road bike at level 50, a gravel bike and a MTB a bit like career mode on Tony Hawks back in the day!

I’m curious as to what people might want/expect from levels above 50. It took me about 15 months to reach level 50. At first, reaching new levels was something to strive for because it granted access to new/better wheels and bikes. But somewhere in the middle of my journey the Drop Shop was introduced and that incentive was taken away. And, truth be told, the new kit items awarded for levelling-up after that were, generally, unintriguing. (TBH, even the Drop Shop is pretty useless now. Unless some new/better equipment happens to come out there is no real reason to purchase anything new, unless the prospect of cluttering the Garage even more is appealing in some manner.)

So, what is it that people would want from levels beyond 50? Is just the regular incrementation of the level number enough? Or is something ‘tangible’ needed beyond that? Personally, I’m at a bit of a loss on this. I really only use Zwift for training, so some occasional new equipment is ‘nice’ (and that’s not even XP-related), but I certainly don’t need any new kit/shoes/helmets/whatever.

1 Like

I think that’s essentially it. A visible reflection of the time put in.

Beyond the other visible reflections that already exist, but maybe are too granular to be interesting or relatable (i.e. distance travelled, metres climbed, pizza slices and raw XP).

Okay, I did just think of something: How about for every X number of XP (100K? 200K? Other?) Zwift gives a free month of service! That’s definitely something I could use!

1 Like

In an alternate universe, where people were intrinsically honest, that might work. In our somewhat disheartening world, there’s too much potential for abuse.

To be honest it doesn’t really bother me. I just thought i’d chip in with a few ideas.

I’m not motivated by levels I prefer seeing my mileage and climb ticking up as the days/weeks go by.

It isn’t like i ever tell anyone what level I am and I know how much time i have/haven’t been putting in.

True, if people gamed the system for a Tron bike then I’m sure even more would for free months.

For me it was an added incentive to squeeze in a few extra kms each ride, esp as I closed in on the next level, I never cared much for the rewards. Drops have kind of gone the same way, there’s nothing left to buy but the drops are accumulating.

I have never spent any drops, I have millions of the things!

1 Like

This is all I want. It is a nice reflection of how long and how much you have ridden.

4 Likes

Do you actually tell people though? You know yourself how much time you’ve out in does a number make a difference?

If people watch my stream or fan view they can see the number. Also if you look at Strava screenshots or the Zwift profile.

Anna wanted to know who was the highest level Zwifter :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I still chuckle at this. Now that she’s retired (from racing, anyway), maybe she can haunt the Forums more frequently and realize the humor in her comment.

2 Likes

And Mike’s follow-up was priceless …

2 Likes

Zwift staff apparently don’t know that either, they need to spend more time here…

2 Likes

Presumably, the standard issue desktop for Zwift developers has an i7-11700KF and an RTX 3080.