Level 50+ update?

Was this pre drop shop? maybe that is what they thought would replace it? the more you ride the more stuff you can get.

No, it was February 2021

1 Like

but there’s only 365 (366) days in a year.

Maybe a Martian year - 687 days, or a Plutonian year - 90,000 days (give or take)

more levels - yes
more stuff - not really, got too many things as it is
just make me 1% more aero :slight_smile:
chasing the Fill Bar is good

3 Likes

Why don’t they unlock in stages? First lvl 1 to 25. Complete that, then unlock 26 to 50. Complete that 51 to 75. That way you get a reward for completing stages but you only have to do 25 at a time and you have ongoing motivation.

Thinking obviously not a well supported/resourced or strong point then :thinking:

If they had an overall leader board for distance and climb then they could show you your overall position and then you could try and move up the leader board as your motivation post level 50.

They wouldn’t need to show the actual leader board but just your position and how far behind the next person you are and ahead of the person behind you.

3 Likes

There are so many things that could be done to maintain a sense of internal and external competition, particularly for those that have essentially completed the established 50-level course never-expanding challenges. Zwift inexplicably does nothing but occasionally generate low-value additional lands. Quite disappointing.

1 Like

Aiming for lvl 51 is far more motivational than seeing how poorly I compare against these metrics :rofl:

2 Likes

where did you get those from?

ZwiftPower

1 Like

Scroll down past the events in ZP.

Ah ok, i don’t use zwiftpower - is the full list anywhere or where you are among everyone else?

never going to get near the top!

Not that I can see Chris though I’m sure the data is there and the original devs could spin something like that up in no time.

Same here. I remember a thing called levels but that was a long time ago.

Just a though I had today when passing Watopia’s downton arch and being rewarded with a +10XP power-up.

I’m level 50 for a while now and I’m kind of fine with it since the rewards for leveling up were not that great past level 15 I guess. Now it only show that I’m here for a while and I’ve been king of consistent. Fine.

But if I can’t level up anymore and the XP power-ups are still available for me I’m at a disadvantage against people < level 50. Because earning an XP power-up is useless to me, while for the others they are actually improving their experience in some way.

No level higher than 50 ? Fine. But instead of having XP power-ups, users at level 50 should be rewarded with something else. Drops ? I’m “rich” enough to buy the whole store, but at least I know that, maybe, one day, I will use those drops on something. While if I’m stuck forever at level 50, being rewarded with XP is absolutely and completely useless. Or just remove XP of the power-up list for level 50, so those users won’t be penalized for showing up.

4 Likes

I like the 10 & 250pt bonuses and dropping them for level 50 riders is a bug chance too.
One day, level 51 will come, One day…

I think the problem might be that the gap from level 50 to now has been so huge that whatever they come up with might mean the people most annoyed will max out the new system straight away due to being sat on 50 for so long.

either that or someone newly level 50 or someone who has been there for years will be treated the same which also seems unfair.

3 Likes

When Zwift added Levels 26 to 50, the Level 25 people had a choice of losing all their excess XP or express leveling up at x8 (so 160pts per Km, 140 owed, 20 new until all your owed pts had been returned)
Zwift Insider has an article from Dec '18

1 Like

Joined January 2021… Currently lvl 36.
250k XP in 10 month - half way to 50 (500k XP).
I dont know what i will do after lvl 50 - Rouvy is an option.

1 Like