Level 50+ update?

If people watch my stream or fan view they can see the number. Also if you look at Strava screenshots or the Zwift profile.

Anna wanted to know who was the highest level Zwifter :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I still chuckle at this. Now that she’s retired (from racing, anyway), maybe she can haunt the Forums more frequently and realize the humor in her comment.

2 Likes

And Mike’s follow-up was priceless …

2 Likes

Zwift staff apparently don’t know that either, they need to spend more time here…

2 Likes

Presumably, the standard issue desktop for Zwift developers has an i7-11700KF and an RTX 3080.

Maybe I should have said - Do the people you tell (or see it) really care if you are level 50, 90, 3012? Or is it just for bragging rights?

1. “Level 50 people won’t leave, so why make more levels…stop complaining”. Sounds like a ■■■■ and that’s a stupid attitude. So, regardless of how easy it is to do they won’t make specific requested improvements because they won’t quit over it anyway? Why wouldn’t someone make improvements if some of your customers enjoy them and they require little effort. Hard to believe that is a quote from a CEO.

2. You want your most loyal customers to be happy! If the worlds most active cyclists (even if it was only 1% of your customers) get bored and leave, you run the risk of the trendsetters using different apps and pulling other customers away.

I passed level 50 long ago and would love to be earning more levels. I love Zwift, but I also am interested in what is new and different. Rouvy now has actual Ironman courses. Because Zwift isn’t quenching that thirst I am inclined to try Rouvy and that might mean I don’t go back. Keep that in mind Min.

Greg

7 Likes

Doubt it, on the WoZ episode after Makuri launched, the frame rate on one of the dev’s screens is hovering around 10fps or less. I suppose that can’t be considered meaningful, but then again another clip shows a dev’s screen running what appears to be a solo bot test ride, and it’s around 25fps. Unfortunately it appears more likely to me that the acceptable minimum performance level for release is something far below 60fps. 20fps maybe.

11th gen isn’t fast enough btw. :rofl:

1 Like

Why not make some rare expensive items to buy in the drop shop, this way you can still try to achieve something very few will have. Like the Skelton suit for 10m drops or the paperboy bike for 20m, the transparent suit 30m :wink: it isn’t very difficult to think up ideas for special items.

2 Likes

I wish wheel set would wear out.
Maybe after 1000 miles, the resistance goes up.
Do the same with frames, you have to spend drops to get a bottom bracket update or a new chain every 500 miles or something like that.

4 Likes

I just need a moving Fill Bar and the level count to tick over every so often, keep it simple and we might just get it, might, maybe…
Also don’t want more stuff to just clutter the garage for every complete level.
maybe special stuff, like at 50,000km you get 60fps on Neokyo :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe when you hit Level 50 the Dura-Ace gruppo should be adjusted to the proper weight!

3 Likes

I’d prefer less complexity (see new groupset bugs).

1 Like

So that’s where all the investor money went.

3 Likes

No thanks Tim. I’ve got enough work keeping my trainer and bike serviced and running smoothly without having to worry about doing the same for my virtual equipment.

3 Likes

How about cashing in 10,000,000 drops for a real T shirt.
I want to spend my virtual money.

1 Like

Except I already have about 120 T-shirts!

:wave: