Less worlds: Retire the UCI worlds

Per my reply above, sometimes the correct solution is not the obvious one. I want better worlds, not more worlds. Keep and expand Watopia, Makuri Islands, (south side of) London, France, and New York City, and Crit City as well. Retire the rest.

This thread here is one of the most read and most replied-to thread. :man_shrugging:

Well I still think that even though I haven’t ridden in worlds like Richmond, Zwift should keep them because heaps of other people do ride in them, so I think Zwift should just keep all the worlds and join some if they want less

2 Likes

Yet only has two votes. While not a feature request as such, it doesn’t seem popular.

5 Likes

Sometimes the correct solution is not the obvious one.

1 Like

Some examples of possible Innsbruck expansions:

Another smaller one (which is partially done) starting from the Ramada Tivoli hotel (the tilted over hotel In Zwift):

If they wanted to, it could be expanded further into a much bigger world by going to other nearby cities. If they really tried, they could even go down to Vipiteno or Bozen (Bolzano) or Bressanone (Brixen). That would be ambitious, but it would be very unique. Around Brixen are some monster climbs and of course those magnificent grey mountains are looking down upon you. If you’ve been there in real life you’ll understand - the riding is tough but the scenery is incredible.

Just not sure if that would need any permissions being Tirol. It would also play into the Haute Route collaborations with Zwift.

Merging Paris and France together would also be a logical thing to do.

2 Likes

Is that you suggesting that you were incorrect or that everybody else is?

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know what my money is on…

4 Likes

This! I never ride Paris because it is too small and gets boring very quickly, if i could steer on to it from france, do one lap and then go back to france that’s be great

5 Likes

Too high brow for me I’m afraid!

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what we’re voting for. This thread started as “Retire the UCI Worlds” but it’s now been changed to “Combine the UCI Worlds”.

I’d be ok with one of those but not the other, so which way would my vote count?

While I don’t think we can read too much into the voting on this thread, I hope Zwift has taken constructive ideas and feedback from it.

2 Likes

Yes but these need to be raised as feature requests on there own … not tagged into a request to shut down worlds . We cant flag our support for these ideas so its doing nothing , except perhaps making a case for suggesting the idea proposed in this request is somehow of interest.

3 Likes

I too think Insbruck is worth keeping, as it has a great flat route, with that option for a climb as well

i think they focus on what is not important for cyclists like spending ages designing cmplicated cities, animals, temples while on that time they should just build roads and do something to connect all the worlds so once could actually cycle without using always same roads and selecting new routes/worlds.
Many of them are fantasy world anyway or if you take london for example they used the underground trick to jump on the surrey hills, wouldn’t take much to connect france to watopia maybe on the other side of the alp to zwift.
Sometimes looks to me that game designers are creating a program to cyclist and a real cyclist is missong on the product side to take right decision. Like someone wasting somtehing like half a day or maybe even more to design a Claw on Mauri island while they could have just paved 1 mile of new route instead.

I have no idea who changed the topic of my post. I did not do it.

The original topic of this post was “Less worlds: Retire the UCI worlds” and I have not changed my mind about that.

1 Like

According to the edit history then @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ changed the topic. I kindly request it be changed back. And while you are at it, could you please give me back edit rights on my own post?

3 Likes