Lack of resistance wahoo kickr core

I invested in a Kickr Core a week ago - set up and calibrated fine. Completed my FTP test and started FTP builder programe and having completed week one I think I have a problem Houston. I’ve had real issues upping my watts - as in I’m doing 118 cadence just to get to 132 watts! I have ERG on. Initially I was trying to use the gears but even in the hardest gears I was just spinning like crazy - then I discovered ERG mode where it’s better but not great. Is it me?! Any advice appreciated…

Welcome Lorraine,

This may not be the answer to your question but ERG in a workout will keep the watts where the session plans them to be whatever you pedal. The gear will be irrelevant. So if the FTP is saying “ride 4mins at 75% FTP”, you pedal at whatever cadence is comfortable to you and in ERG, the Kickr will do the rest.

The Llama’s post on ERG is worth a quick watch.

Now, if you’re saying that you can’t reach the watts being set no matter what you do, that sounds like something else.

I’m sure @Gerrie_Delport will be along in a minute to help…

2 Likes

Hi @LorraineE.

@Paul_Mason1 has some good info.

If you are using Ant+ make sure that you pick the ant+ fe-c option for power and controllable.

In workout mode, The trainer sould adjust the resistance to keep you in the required watt range no matter what gear or cadence.

2 Likes

Hi Lorraine, make sure you update the firmware on your Core using the Wahoo App. I had the same issues, but the update seemed to fix everything. Cheers

2 Likes

All solved! Thank you

The video was really helpful in how to use ERG - thank you