Kona Mission: workout mileage doesn’t count?

Make sure your client is up to date.

Thanks, I had to update my Zwift app.

I haven’t heard back from support but it does seem to be a Zwift on iOS thing, or at least on iPad.

On my lunch break I started a ride on my Apple TV and did a quick 3k, in jeans and sneakers. Saved and exited the game and when I went back my total was showing 1.9/112 so that was working at least.

I’ll try on my iPhone after work at see what happens then.

I’ve done two workouts after signing up and didn’t get credit for either. Using Apple TV and have seen that I’m riding the Shiv bike. It’s apparently not clear what you have do to in order to get the credit.

I just finished a workout on PC on the Shiv, and the miles showed up toward the challenge. Smells like an Apple issue to me.

1 Like

I use Apple TV, I’ve only had the Kona TT count so far and I should be about 2/3 through. Most of the mileage that should have been recorded was done on the shiv too.

you will also get an email stating how far you’ve come

It just popped up on the left hand side of the screen when I logged into Zwift

Only my first two rides counted (past two days). Todays 26 miles did not show up in the total. Was using computer App, as usual, and not ATV or iOS. Disappointing…

What bike did you use? I believe for the miles to count you need to use the Shiv.

I switched to the Tron bike, AFTER a Zwift representative on FB verified that is does not matter which bike you use…I also know of several people posting they have used other bikes and miles have counted. It sounds like a communication error.

Exactly. On FB and the internet, they say it is only weekly mileage but ingame the mission says on the shiv. Given the mileage needed, a lot of ppl can’t afford to have rides not count and for such a big prize the inconsistency is really poor.

Not only an iOs issue… everything I did yesterday on PC was not recorded… that sucks… good thing it was a recovery ride…

1 Like

I tried a couple of short test rides yesterday on both Apple TV and iPhone and both recorded the mileage correctly. Earlier today I tired a short test on iPad which again didn’t count toward the mission. So I deleted the app and reinstalled it. After that another short test ride did add to the mission mileage.

So it seems, in my case at least, there was something that got borked when the app updated on my iPad but was fine on ATV and iPhone.

I rode 28 miles on the shiv yesterday using iOS on my iPhone, but did not appear to receive any credit for it toward the Kona challenge. I was also sure to update the app before my ride, but no luck. It definitely is a little frustrating!

I seem to have been given the Shiv automatically and as far as I can see I am being credited with the miles done during workouts. A got an email this morning to say I was 50% through and I have done 3 workouts and 1 ride this week, all of about 20 miles each so something seems to be working

I did another group workout last night using Apple TV and was definitely on the Shiv… No credit. Rode it this morning and again nothing.

It appears Facebook is the method zwift team communicates more regularly through.

So here’s the answer even though everyone keeps stating different things. They state is has to be on the Shiv to count. Would have been nice to know since I also have a 45km ride that didn’t get counted towards the total…and never received an email about the event yet or mileage update

same here, I rode 14 miles earlier this week which registered fine… then rode 26 miles yesterday which is showing in my Zwift history, but wasn’t put towards my Kona total!
Using a MacBook Pro, and was definitely riding the Shiv.
Exactly the same setup as my first ride, which registered ok.
Super annoying as I now am going to struggle to make the distance in the allotted time frame!

To get credit for any miles/kilometers towards your progress, you must ride the Shiv bike. Once the challenge is complete, the bike will disappear.

Sometimes it can take time for your progress to update. After you save and exit, try force closing Zwift and check the progress again. If your progress still isn’t updating, open a support email and provide us with a Strava link to the ride so you can be credited.