Kickr Trainer connected, but no power output?

Add me to the list too…grrr. Bought a Kickr Core and on initial setup it connected to bluetooth, but no speed or power. Returned it to the bikeshop, got another…tested it and was able to connect to the app with speed and power (Yeah!), but when I came back to do a workout…no speed or power again. Looks like I’ll be returning it for good.

Add me to the list. (3/1/2019)
Bike shop received Kickr directly from Wahoo this week. Power eventually will get up to 54 while my 4iiii meter shows 250. When in a training session with Ergo mode it eventually reaches 134 and stays pegged regardless of how fast or hard I’m pedaling unless I stop pedaling then it will go down. 4iiii reads 500 and the power output from Kickr reads 134.

Junk

I have the same issue, my Wahoo K is connected to Zwift however, when I start pedalling no power is registered

Me too. Been working for a couple months and then suddenly not working.

1 Like

Well, those 2018 Kickrs and K-Cores are quite infamous for their failures. Vibrations, clicking and “No power at all”- (last one is more typical for Cores, whereas quite rare for Kickrs, as far as I know). I owned Kickr18 with vibrations and squealing which I returned to the supplier.

But the problem you described in your post doesn’t sound familiar to me - actually I have never heard of it. Is there any other progress in “your story” - I mean have you been able to fix/solve it?

:roll_eyes:
Great :+1:t4:
Another troll on a forum.
Nice name, G omother Fox-Neo2.

If anyone else wants more info, PM me for power comparisons I’ve made by syncing 4iiii precision to bolt and KICKR to TR.

Happy to oblige,
Rumpelstiltskin

Hi Joseph … not sure why do you think I’m troll ? :wink:

If you check this forum (thread about Kickr 2018 problems) you can find my comments about my “Kickr story”. Moreover, you can check trainerroad or cyclechat forums for my posts (look for my alternate nick “Twitko” there) about the same subject.

Long story short - I bought my K18 last year in October and was able to use it just for one month without any problem. Then infamous problems began - vibrations, drone sound, clicking sound … after another two months trainer became almost unusable at all and I was lucky to be able to return it and got refund. Then switched to Neo2. That’s all …

But again - I have never seen problems you described above (which doesn’t mean you don’t tell the truth). It’s just new to me. That’s why I’m interested in what’s happened exactly … where the problems was/is (if you were able to identify) and how you solved it … just out of curiosity …

btw - my nick is “Godmother Fox”, not “Gomother” :slight_smile: but never mind … :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, my Wahoo K is connected to Zwift however, when I start pedalling no power is registered

Hi @Taher_Alsayegh, welcome to the forums. Please give us a bit more info to try and help. How are you connecting to zwift (bluetooth or ant+), what devices do you use, etc… See this post for more information we will need to help troubleshoot your issues. https://forums.zwift.com/t/guide-to-getting-useful-support/425781

Thanks!

1 Like

Same issue here! I bought direct from kickr. I’ve been trying to reach ANYONE from customer service for a week now with one response which was a one sentence answer. Last week when I called they had their phone lines shut down. I’m worried I just burned $1200😩

See last posting by Mike. With more infos sharing is it possible to get help here.

Thank you! My issue is not related to Zwift. I am fully connected to Zwift through my Apple TV. I select my ride, but when I begin to bike there is no recognition that I’m riding. To see where the user was I turned off Zwift and selected a ride through the wahoo app. Nothing. It doesn’t see me ride there either. The issue has to be my wahoo core kickr. I have tried to get in touch with wahoo where I purchased and their customer service is non existent. I am assuming their need to replace the kickr unit or provide a replacement part…I have had my kickr for maybe 2 months and have about 600 miles on it.
Any ideas on how to trouble shoot without needing a replacement would be great. I have no other devices open-just Zwift through Apple TV. Zwift seems to be operating just fine…

Thanks! The problem isn’t Zwift. My kickr isn’t showing power out to Zwift or the wahoo app. I can’t recalibrate or anything as they don’t show me riding…no power or cadence reading going out to Zwift or wahoo app.

I had a problem recently with my kickr core and Wahoo support responded within 48 hours, after a few emails to confirm some info they sent me a shipping label and cross shipped me a replacement unit. Wahoo support was great.

Wow mike! What’s your secret?? I have had zero luck calling, emailing and a support ticket…

I just followed the process on their website, no secrets…

Update: I called them and got a person on the phone! So easy! Shipping out a replacement!

2 Likes

My wahoo kickr snap worked for couples months and now does not read power and speed….help!

Hi @J_FABIAN, welcome to the forums.

We will need more info about your system to help. What devices you use, how you connect to Zwift, etc…(a full rundown of your setup is preferred) also, follow the link I posted above to start a support ticket with Wahoo.

1 Like

Hey!
I connect to Zwift using my computer. The connection between the wahoo kickr snap and Zwift comes from the ANT+. Everything was fine, but the Wahoo Kickr snap lost the optical tape or steaker that have. I put a reflective tape (video in youtube) and did not works.
I think I need a new optical tape or optical sensor, in addition, I do not know where to put it back.

Note: I followed all the videos around and all the guidance from ZWIFT, other forums, etc…google world…hahahah. But did not works