Kickr feedback gone

(Will Botti (C)) #41

Thank you Aaron - I’m sorry it has never worked.
Very useful data point though.
I will update our issue tracker with your feedback.
Do you know what firmware you have on Gen 1 kickr ?
And thanks again for helping!
-Will

(zwill) #42

Thanks Chay for confirming. We are definitely losing resistance packets that are being sent to trainer; there is basically a high error rate on Wahoo kickrs, when running Android.
We aim to have improvements in the next 1-2 weeks; it’s a top priority.

(Nick) #43

Where do I download this update? Wahoo utility?

(Aaron Zwanzig [DIRT]) #44

Hi Will. I appreciate you working on this. My gen 1 Kickr has firmware 1.5.68. There is no option to update it in the Wahoo Utilities app so I assume it is the latest.

I updated Zwift to 1.0.34049, but still no resistance, and spin down failed.

I just now forwarded log and fit files to support.zwift.com referencing this thread.

Thanks again for your help!

(Jeff) #45

Hey, Will,
Finally got back on my Handbike/trainer tonight (was at the NAHBS; brag brag). The update worked great! Again, really appreciate the attention, effort, and quick fix.
Kudos.

1 Like
(Claude) #46

Has anyone been getting this issue back with the latest update? I’m on a Wahoo Kickr, iOS/Apple TV and all feedback is gone, I’ve tried restart, unplug trainer, spindown, everything was working fine prior to latest update.

(Gerrie Delport TeamZF) #47

See this post: Zwift is aware of it and working to fix it.

(Malcolm) #48

Latest Android beta update -1.0.35386 -works beautifully ; finally got my resistance back for my ver1 Kickr so I’m happy. Managed to feel all the climbs on Stage 4 of the Tour of Watopia :wink: