Kettler USB to BLE Bridge

Great !!

I can find any info about the DX1.
Seems controlable.
Have you tried the Training mode in Zwift ?

Hello,

yes in general DX1 could be controlled, years ago I was using a tool from Kettler Serial.
Yes I tried training mode in several apps but the Watt on the Bike are never changed by the app.

Any idea where I could check, is there a debug mode I could turn on? The app recognize the control function of the BLE adapte. In xert for example the value for Source and Control are always the same (the value entered directly on the bike)

Hello thank you very much for your work :slight_smile:

Is it possible to run your solution on a normal raspberry pi model 3?
I tried to do it the same way, you described it for the zero and actually i can finde the KettlerBLE.

Zwift is able to connect with the PI but no data are available - means my kettler ergoracer1 does not send anything to the raspberry pi. Or is just the raspberrypi not able to read it?

All the best
Fabian

1 Like

Hello,

Similar situation as Thimoty in april 2020 and Francois in November 2020. I would very much like to connect my Kettler Ergo Racer (the exact same model on which you did your test) with Zwift, but I do not have an IT background and do not understand the Readme txt on Github. I even involved my brother in law who is an IT’er, but it was not very clear to him as well. Would there be any “step by step” manual available (can be in english, french, german, dutch or other langauage, I could manage) ? I have no such Raspberry at the moment, so need to buy one. Could you refer me to an exact model ? Or even suggest an online shop with the exact model ? Your help would be very much appreciated. Vincent.

1 Like

Hello Vincent,

I fully agree that it’s not simple and it a kind of hack.
I update the github website with some instructions and links.
I also added a full image of my own installation to “simplify” the process.

Emmanuel

Hi there,
I have a Kettler Crosstrainer with an old serial (RS232) Interface. Can I use this software with an adapter from RS232 to USB?

Hi there,

Thanks for this great job. I managed to make this bridge work with my Ergoracer GT (onboard SD5 computer with RS232 serial port). This bridge is a great improvement for my bike. However, power and cadence are well transmitted, but not hart rate datas.
As my HRM belt is a Polar without bluetooth connection, HR datas are well displayed on the Ergoracer screen, but not sent threw the bridge despite the bridge is well paired as HRM sensor in Zwift app. Is this normal, and I need to purchase a new bluetooth HRM sensor, or just some configuration adjustments remains to be made for working ?
Secondly, to improve this wonderful bridge, do you think it would be possible to add to this bridge an ANT+ connection with an additional dongle, to be able to connect the bike to my Garmin Edge bike computer ? This would be amazing.
Thanks again for this great job, and for your help.

Hello Emmanuel,

are you still working on this project?
I’m asking because I woud like to ask you some questions about a Kettler Ergometer E5 with USB Display,

cheers
Jack

con android funziona ma su windows no.

Hi Patrice,

could you tell me what cable you used to connect the control unit to the bike (with RS232 serial port)? Can you send me a picture or a link? I used a generic RS232 to USB adapter but unfortunately when I pedal the cyclist does not move.

Thanks!

Ciao Natalino,

posso chiederti come hai fatto per installare il “software” sulla scheda di memoria? Hai scaricato e poi flashato l’immagine che l’utente ha messo a disposizione giusto? Occorre fare qualche tipo di programmazione poi, oppure dopo il flash è ready to go? Grazie

Hi Gio,

The cable I use is the DSD TECH SH-RS232A USB To RS232 Serial DB9 Cable Adaptator with FTDI FT232 chipset for Windows, Linux, Mac OS I bought on Amazon

Regards

Hi Patrice,

thank you for your answer. How you did to install the “software” on the memory card? Did you download and then flash the image on the card? Do you need to do any kind of programming or boot procedure, or is it ready to go after flashing? Thank you

Hi Gio,
Toi just need to flash the image on the SD card (I used Raspberry Pi Imager app), thé plug the card ans it should work.

Hello,

I know this post is old, but very interesting !

I have two questions :
Do you think it will work with Kettler Ergometer MX1 (2006 model - Art.-Nr. 07989 - 800)? (RS232)
And is a PI Zero 2 W ok ?

Thanks !

Hello,

I finally found a Pi Zero W, flashed the image on the card and my Ergometer MX1 from 2006 connects to Zwift, all informations are shared, but Zwift is not able to control the power (resistance), the MX1 software keeps the hand.

And the website of the PI doesn’t display any data (all to zero).

Maybe the MX1 is not totally recognised (I’m not a programming expert, so I don’t have any idea of what to change in the sources to make it compatible).

Hello Candus,
Thanks for sharing this project.
It’s very interesting.
I would like to test it on my (old) Kettler
2 questions:

• will it work with a raspberry pi 3b+, or shall i buy a Pi Zero W ?
  • will it control my Kettler Ergometer E5/X5 ?

Many thanks in advance,

Finally, it works on my old RS232 Kettler Ergometer MX1 from 2006 !
Zwift reads the informations and control the power !
(Thanks to the work of Candus and to the updates of BeeAlert !)

The only thing that doesn’t work is gear shifting, but I don’t know if the MX1 is able to handle this…

1 Like

Hello Candus,
I Hope this subject IS already active

I have a Kettler Ergometer EX2. does it work with your Pi zéro W
IS it possible to have some explanation in french ?

Thank you in advance

Hello

The project is hosted on GitHub and it works very well with a pi zero.
By the way, I am french

Rgds
Emmanuel