"Keep Together" broken in Meetups [v 1.0.50775]

Just just did a meetup and the keep together function is not working. It worked prior to this update

14 Likes

Hi @Brian_Dumais

Thanks for the report. We’ve been able to reproduce this bug, and we’re working on a fix for the rubberbanding as soon as possible.

10 Likes

Zwift needs to reevaluate their “always fix forward” approach. Sometimes it’s better to just roll back.

10 Likes

This is ridiculous, why don’t you allow people to choose if they want to update. I had no issues. I am helping someone who has a fragile mind and Zwift has made all the difference during this covid19 lockdown period. I’m happy to apply any updates when stability is not critical to someone’s mental health.

4 Likes

Hi, any update about this issue??

regards!

1 Like

As of 7 AM EST it is still broken. Additionally, The avatars of many group workout participants juke and weave constantly as if drunk. It’s so bad many quit the workout. I’ve had to quit the last two as the constant weaving on the screen makes me feel ill.

9 Likes

Group workout on Thursday (zwift event) the group was not tethered together. We had 40 riders and there were folks who were 2 min behind and ahead. I was leader and in middle with no one. We’d regroup and then group would speed off. I have done this workout group for 15 weeks - so I know it is not working like ‘normal’.

Today(sat 5/30) we have a meet up with 20 people and ‘keep together’ was selected but the group is not being kept together.

5 Likes

Just done a meetup with around 50 riders 30/5/20 band didn’t work for most of the group including me after the update, the ones it seemed to be working for was claiming it was intermittent, really spoilt the meetup which I hold every week and always has 50 to 100 riders attend, please can this be sorted soon
regards dave

6 Likes

sorry your meet up didn’t go well…but glad to have someone else reporting this too so hopefully it will get some traction!

5 Likes

Known issue with the new update:

7 Likes

Thanks Dave.

1 Like

Same issue for my meet up this morning. We’ve been running them for weeks without a problem, but this morning we had riders dropping off. We regrouped, but it happened again and within a short distance they were several minutes back and all separated - problem seemed worse on climbs. With no option to stop and wait (cant stopped pedaling) we tried to get them back on but it just maintained the gap and increased it for some. Hopefully a quick fix is in order as these rides have been a lifeline for the club to keep riding whilst we are banned from group riding.

3 Likes

Raised a ticket for this too. Tethering and MeetUpOnlyView both enabled in the meetup, but not active in game. Fingers x-ed.

1 Like

Same here - rubber band not working

1 Like

Experienced this tonight. We started together, but you were smart to drop out. I decided to stay thinking I could at least get a workout, but it weaved and bobbed so much I felt like I was going to be motion sick. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason and doesn’t seem to matter if you’re in a pack or nobody around you. I had one guy blast by me 6.2 wkg while doing a zone 2 and we had people finishing more than 10 minutes apart. That’s the last group workout I’m doing until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Yep - it appears meet-ups are dead at the moment. Almost the opposite effect of a keep together - it is now a spread apart. No logic to speed/position of riders in the group. some fast riders out the back and slow riders up the front. those that are of similar speed in a non-teathered ride were 10minutes apart in a 1hr ride this morning…
I would recommend non-teathered, you will end up closer together.

1 Like

Had the same issue in a workout this morning - Lactate Shuttling. No rubber banding in place and my Avatar was weaving all over the place.

4 Likes

Another broken band here.

Trying to run workouts as a meetup, which was working fine up until the latest update. Obviously workouts aren’t working as a group, those with the higher FTP are off up the road whilst everyone else is left meandering along in their own way.

Quite dispiriting for those members of the group who most need the support of their friends.

2 Likes

@shooj 4 days since the issue was confirmed and reproduced but no fix in sight yet?

It was working before the latest update if that is any help.

As @Jim_Mattson suggested above, perhaps just rolling back to the previous version is the lesser evil. As far as I can see, the benefits of the update were to isolate chats inside the meetup. I’d rather be able to ride as a connected group and ignore external messages than be split all over the map during a workout.

An anticipated release date of a fix would be helpful

4 Likes

Unfortunately it is probably not that easy.
Since the functionality and content updates are not separate, rolling back to the previous version would probably break all of those - the Pride On jerseys etc, specific event arches and kits, the new training plan…

Given how regularly functionality updates have broken things recently, it might be a good idea if they shift to a different update strategy - for example: 1. Tick (content updates), 2. Tock. (functionality/bug fix updates).

6 Likes