Join Event missing since new update

That’s what I was thinking, if the aspect ratio is not correct it could easily be cut off the bottom.

1 Like

Bottom right I see my objectivs (goals) and in the middle the big orange button Ride.
There is no Menu button. Many of you did not download the last version for AppleTV, and please don’t. My friend, aware of the problems I experience, do not have the same display.

The display has not changed at all with the latest ATV update, so I am very confused by what you are saying. The ‘menu’ button is not on the same screen as the ‘ride’ button. You will not see the menu button until after you click on the ride button and actually spawn in a world. Is it possible that what was mentioned about the aspect ratios of your TV causing the menu (and join) buttons to be off the bottom of the screen?

1 Like

Now I’m a bit confused. Where does the menu button should be ? At first, there’s the screen for pairing everything (smart trainer, etc) and then the screen to join and event. To me, the menu button should appear there (it would not be relevant to see a menu button once you have join your event). I have no indication that I have a display ratio problem). Again, this is the situation I’m in since last update I downloaded saturday nov 20th. The join event button used to be on the left, at the bottom. Again, go to Apple Store and download Zwift, you will see an update available. Also, I took a picture of my tv screen. If someone wants it, my email address is available in a previous post for a request.

While riding it is at the bottom of the screen.

More info here.

I think @Jean-Marc_Leclerc is missing this step, it doesn’t sound like he is in a world, riding a random route. It sounds like he thinks the join button is on the world/route selection screen.

That’s what I see on my tv screen. To me, there’s no point in having a menu button when in an event.
My problem is to join the event I registered for. In the picture, you see at the top right the event I want to join (you see Going) and (in French) you can read : The event starts in 14 minutes.
So in that screen, I need (I think) a button saying : Join the event. If I go down and click Ride (Rouler), I end up in some of the random ride (world).

Nope, you need to click on Rouler and spawn into a world, any one that is available, it doesn’t matter.

Once you are in a world the join button will appear, usually up to 30 minutes before the event starts. This is how Zwift has always worked, nothing has changed from the latest update.

3 Likes

We confirmed he is riding.

Ok Thanks guys for your help.
I don’t remember seeing that menu button after clicking Ride (Rouler).
I find it strange my display ratio would be bad in one screen and ok in the previous one (the “Ride” screen). I will check that later today and hopefully figure it out.

you probably need to use the remote for it to pop up (the menu button, not the join button). On PC the menu button is hidden until you move the mouse/click on the screen, or use a keyboard shortcut. I wonder if it is the same on Apple TV, so make sure you have the remote near you when riding.

I would now guess that the issue would be that you may have been looking for the ‘Join Event’ button on the wrong screen. Once you spawn into a world you should start seeing it in the lower left corner of the screen.

Also, the menu button isn’t always on the riding screen. You have to press the remote for it to appear. The ‘Join Event’ button, though, should be there from 30 minutes prior to your event.

Also, to somewhat address your question on the menu button: it has been a long-standing request of the community to have the menu button moved to a different screen in the game, so that you don’t have to actually start riding to get to those menu options. So far, however, this has not happened. Keep your fingers crossed that this might be changed when a new UI comes out.

1 Like

I think you are confusing a problem with the Apple TV update which thousands of us have installed without a problem (to enable Makuri); with an understanding of how to use the system.

As I mentioned previously I have done three group rides after the update without issue. I have also entered an event but decided to stay on my free-ride so the ‘Join Event’ button remained visible for about 30 minutes on that ride.

So I really don’t think you should be advising others on what updates to install…

1 Like

Problem solved.
Thank you all for your help.
Part of the so called problem is that Zwift is sometimes counter intuitive and I had difficulty figure it out.
Anyway it’s a lot of fun…now. :wink:
And by the way, yes I have a ratio display problem I have to take care of.

2 Likes

Great you hear you were able to sort the issue! And, yes, there are a number of non-intuitive things about Zwift. I had similar issues to you when I first started. Very frustrating. Thankfully, I was able to get a lot of answers from other users on the Forum. Still, it would be nice if Zwift could make things easier when first starting out.

I am experiencing this identical thing. No Join Event button and it never automatically takes into event. There is literally no way to Join an event. Very frustrating

What is your set up for Zwift? And are you on the new or old UI? And how/when are you signing up for events?

HI Rob,
The probem is that Zwift screens are not presented logically. You are experiencing the same problem I had until I realized you have to click (select) Ride at the bottom of the screen and then, in the other (next) screen, on the lower left corner, you will see Joint Event or something like that.
Thos is very counter intuitive.
Bonne chance !
Ride on.
jm

1 Like

Hi Jean-Marc,
I’ve actually done that twice now and never get the blue Join button. I’ve followed these directions. I’m shocked by how counter-intuitive this app is so far (I work with designers in a UX capacity). For newbies like myself, you’d think there would be a walkthrough. However, I believe I’m having different issues as I can take screenshots from me being in a Ride after signing up for an event and nothing every happens.
I’m hoping it’s not something with my Google Mesh router not allowing certain ports.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Rob

Mesh networks are noted in a number of places as not working well with Zwift. Do you also find that you are often alone in the world where you are riding, by chance? Or that the Companion app doesn’t always connect to the game when you are riding?

Also, please tell us about your set up. Is it possible that some scaling issue is just putting the Join Event button of the bottom of the screen?

2 Likes