Join a Zwifter - Feature Plans [September 2022]

Exactly. That is the request in the other thread to which I referred. Some people would like this changed because it’s a privacy issue if other people can see when you start Zwifting without you knowing, or wanting, that to happen.

1 Like

Valid point. Wasn’t aware that there is a feature request on this.

1 Like
  1. Riders who are almost to the top of the Alpe or Ventop. JK!

I’d vote for folks in my favorites/followed at the top, then fellow club members, then celebs and others.

1 Like

Alex lots of great suggestions and as expected everyone wants something slightly different.

From what I read across many forum threads is that individuals want the ability to choose for themselves.

My suggestion is use this reintroduction of Ride With to include a toggle on / toggle off option *1 so everyone can decide for themselves. If this can be easily programmed into the game and is popular possibly it will lead to a toggle on/toggle off option for other areas, such as HUD set up.

*1 - on/off whether you want to see feature at all and on/off for which elements/riders you do wish to see.

I would think that the Meetup feature would be tied to the “Activity Privacy Default”, where if you’re ok with other’s seeing your activities then one advantage/disadvantage of that is friends could meet up with you as part of your activity they can see… Then you have the “Approve Follow Request” privacy feature that lets you limit which people could see your activities if you have that Activity Privacy Default set to true…

Though I’m not actually sure if that’s how it works.

The main page of the new interface is too cluttered. I now need 2 click and drag actions to get to ‘just ride’ - and then I have to click on the “routes” tile to get options. “Just Ride” and “Ride with Friends” should be immediately visible, not hidden.

I LIKE the new-look workouts page. It’s far easier to get to my custom workouts (most of the workouts I do) and I really like the solid colour tiles for the time-based collections. Far more of the tiles need to be like that - the pictures used with text on them are too small and busy in many cases. And I’m using a 55" TV.

The mass of tiles on the front page is too much. Every Zwift facebook group I’m in has someone asking how they get to the rest of the pace partners EVERY SINGLE DAY. (it’s not immediately intuitive to click and drag the row, especially if you aren’t using a touchscreen) From my experience, that’s NOT a good sign for an interface feature.

I’d highly recommend that there be a better, more intuitive way to get to the other pages from the main page - the icons are weird, and not immediately apparent what they do if you don’t already know the zwift-used terms (garage - if I didn’t already know that Zwift called the menu to change kit and bikes the garage, I wouldn’t guess that was what that icon was for)

The best part of the old “ride with” function is that it was front and center right away - if I was jumping on Zwift and didn’t have a specific plan, I’d immediately see a list of riders I follow who are riding (the fact that the pros were at the top above my friends was annoying), and if I saw someone I knew but didn’t have plans to ride with, "Hey, that’s Steve, I wonder how he’s doing - hit “ride with Steve”, and fire him a message, maybe do a voice call with whatever external app we share.

I don’t hate the new interface, but in some ways it feels like Windows 8 - shoehorning a touchscreen interface into a desktop just doesn’t work great without a lot of thought. I hope that you can get it working a little better quickly.

2 Likes

Is there an ability to boot someone from riding with you if they suddenly show up and you don’t want them to? A ‘Ride Without’ function?

Or even an ability to designate a particular activity as private/unable to be joined? Because I like my friends, but sometimes I want to be left alone.

10 Likes

If you’re riding in a meetup and can’t see other zwifters, it won’t change. They can’t join your meetup with ‘ride with’, they just get dumped into the place you’re riding and the same pedal assist as joining a pace partner.

But if I’m just free riding by myself and want to be left alone, I might be nice to set that particular day’s activity as ‘Unable to be joined’. My friends could still go to the same map and ride, but they wouldn’t be dropped in right next to someone who doesn’t particularly want to hang out at the moment.

I would like it to show join a swifter after I choose a route. Then it should show who else is on that route.

No other than once started riding drop your internet connection and all riders in game will disappear.

Hey all - keep your feedback coming!

Following our practice on Flint’s Competition update discussions - I’m setting this thread to auto-lock after 14 days. That’s so your comments are focused on this moment in time, rather than allowing future posts to resurrect this thread long after it’s gone stale.

We appreciate your warm welcome to @Alex_Zwift and others on the Product team reading along who’ve been working hard all year on the new Home Screen UX.

4 Likes

Definitely favorites first for me! That’s the only thing I care about. Make them easiest to find… preferably even have the ones you ride with most at the top… Actually, that might be the best solution and would wrk for all groups.

Favourites first makes sense. I’m not fussed about verified riders, but I do like the option to see and join a pro. That’s quite a cool and unique Zwift experience.

1 Like

First, thanks for returning this feature. It is one I routinely used to train with a friend who lives on the other side on the country. Yes, we could use a meet-up but neither of us are great with planning but often found one another with this feature last winter. I’ve also used to ride with a few others - though definitely more sporadic use. Like others, I’d feature zwifters we follow first, ahead of pros but to be honest, I could live with it either way. I think finding them regardless of world is a real plus, though I’d even be willing to look at the various worlds for friends if necessary.

Please make it searchable - favorites should obviously be first, but my follow list is quite long…

4 Likes

You had a working code for this function in the old UI.
Why don’t you just reuse it and pull the new UI over it?

1 Like

I assume that’s exactly what they are doing just question how to best present the riders available.

Like many above i think favourites first seems sensible or possibly have some sort of tabbed interface where you can choose between friends/pros but the main thing that was good with the old system you could see straight away on the old UI who was riding without having to navigate any sub menus

Legacy code and function probably tied in with stuff that doesn’t exist in the same way it used to. Zwift can give you the tickets and you can develop it in 3 weeks and showcase it for us all to use in the fourth week.

The old UI was a pain to use on Apple TV - trying to join someone who was further down the list was hit and miss.

Can I favourite the pace partners that I ride with so I can find them even more quickly? Also I really need to see what route somebody is on before deciding to ride with them.
Oh and can we make this available from the in-ride menu?

1 Like