Issues with team standings

@xflintx

I run the Herd Summer Racing League: ZwiftPower - Login

We’ve been having issues with team standings working correctly. The best example is in Category B - both Herd and Dirt comfortably having more than 5 riders in Cat B each week (the settings are t award best 5 team spots), but after 4 events, we don’t have the 20 results which is making the team standings inaccurate - I did email the ZwiftPower team around the middle of last week regarding this, but I haven’t had an answer yet.

Could this possibly be looked into please? The team standings are a pretty big thing for us.

Thanks,
James

9 Likes

I wanted to chime in and say thank you for hosting this event. I completed my first race this past weekend and it was the first time I ever did a points race. The race was a ton of fun and I will be back for more action.

I hope you can sort everything out with Zwiftpower.com in the team standings.

1 Like

I want to chime in to garner some attention from the forum moderators. @xflintx & @shooj The HERD Summer Racing League is perhaps the best series that exists… nay, has ever existed in Zwift. Additionally it would be great to have native support of points racing formats in-game. Meaning a clear scoring platform at points banners (a totally different topic).

@James_Zwift is awesome.

PS. DIRT is going to crush this series. DIRTy ShepHERDs engaged!

6 Likes

Add me to the list of those wanting the Herd Summer Race League standings to be fixed.

1 Like

As another very satisfied HSRL competitor I’d like to throw my support behind James and getting all of this sorted as well. It’s a great racing series that unfortunately ends up being hampered by some limitations in zwift and zwiftpower. Hopefully we could see some improvements that could make this and other points based series more easily run on zwift.

1 Like

I’ve been tinkering for the last little bit, and I’m not sure I have anything conclusive to report.

The importance of this series for the community is not lost on me, and I want to make it right. Some categories in the team standings are showing 20 races for the top teams, while others are showing less than 20 for the top teams. I’ve not found a pattern yet.

I’ll keep plugging away, and this is as current as the information I have is right now.

5 Likes

Thanks for working on it. HSRL is an awesome series that deserves accurate results. So there will be no question that DIRT dominates. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there anything we can do to help? Aggregate all the races we should have counted?

Any talk of creating a public API for the community to consume and create their own scoring sites?

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

Great racing series, thanks for organising Herd!
Would love it if Zwift could fix the results too, big fan of the other suggestions re live in-play points - perhaps as a rolling ticker? Or sidebar?

2 Likes

Fun racing in a great series. Looking forward to having accurate results!

1 Like

Hey everyone, we haven’t forgotten about this issue. It’s not unique to this league, and there is still some work to be done I believe.

Currently, we are looking to push a big chunk of work for leagues live within the next few days. This work will allow all of you as race organizers to not worry about the league timing out when attempting to make larger calculations for results, like we had seen with this league.

Then, we should hopefully be able to find out what’s causing team standings to not update correctly since we will actually have the ability to see the full spectrum of data, which was the initial blocker (at least for this HERD league here).

Thanks for your patience on this one.

2 Likes

Thank you for the follow up @xflintx

1 Like

Hey Flint,

I fixed my particular issue. The support team said they were going to let you know? It seems to be down to setting the number of team scoring events that confused it. I had it set to the same for both team and individual (10 races out of 12). When I changed the team option to zero, it then showed the number of results I expected.

I suspect they were keen to close down an issue that was no longer outstanding. Keen to see what improvements you guys have lined up.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

They did let me know. But what we uncovered and confirmed in attempting to help you was the timing out of leagues updating once they hit a certain size or complexity, which would result in the league not taking the new settings. This is the biggest improvement to leagues which will be coming relative soon. Afterward, things like our experience here are what we want to focus on; hopefully it will make league settings a little more clear and intuitive.

2 Likes