Issues with Elite zumo

So elite sent me through a new map. New issue being that the app screenshots she provided for instructions are for android devices. The Apple app does not have the option to load a new map.
Not entirely sure this is going to get resolved for me and I’m not going to buy a new phone/tablet too.
Had bought an ant+ dongle and extender that I tried last night - this didn’t work any better.
I’ve asked them if there is something that they can do remotely or if they can advise of another way. The upgrado app doesn’t seem to exist for the laptop. Did any of you manage to do the new map either on a windows pc or via an Apple phone?

Me again. Sorry.

Managed to borrow a tablet and put the new map on. No difference for me on zwift.

Not sure what’s next but I’ve emailed elite again.

Hi David,

I believe I’ve resolved my issue, I examined the belt closer and it looks like it had shifted so much that it was rubbing to a complete standstill on the inside… see photo… no idea if it has attached correctly

I’m just awaiting Elite coming back to me on how officially to move the placement of the belt, but I’ve managed to move it away from there and it has freed it up nicely…

I’m going to put it all back together later on and test it out…

Hope you manage to get some joy with your issues

Dan

Please post where to get a belt and how to replace if you manage it?

Elite replaced my Zumo because my old one seized up. It looked like a rubber seal had came off but since reading this post and seeing your picture, it may be the belt.

I still have the faulty unit / they didn’t want it back. If I can fix it I’ll give it to one of my friends :grin:

Great news!
That may be the fix then.
Good luck when you test it out.
Let us know how you get on.

Had quick blast… nothing major at all…

Working spot on… I actually think it may have been shipped with the already slightly rubbing and I’ve just pushed on through with the extra resistance.

@Ewan_McDonald I didnt replace the belt… it looked in pretty good nick to be honest. I didn’t end up waiting for Elite to come back to me… I just pulled the belt away from where it was rubbing and used the silver wheel to get everything moving. It took a couple of rotations but eventually it moved more of the centre of where it needed to be…

You’ll have to excuse the poor explanation… only just woken up and not ready for the world just yet

Awesome, well done!
Was there any ‘warranty invalidated’ stickers or anything when you took the cover off?
Is it the full right side as you look at the unit from the back?
Elite are asking if I can borrow a power meter from someone to compare. None of my mates have one. Had considered getting one but they’re not cheap.
Halfords have zero stock of any alternative trainers and it’ll be a total bun fight when they do get them in!

I didn’t spot any at all… the advisor at elite also stated that it wouldn’t invalidate the warranty by taking the casing off…

Yea the right side is where you will get access to the belt…

left side

Right side

I did have a proper go on it last night and running smooth… Elite came back as well and said that I’d have to just manually move the belt… so nothing fancy in the method of belt placement

Hi Ben.
Ïs the trainer still ok and have you tried a new spin down?
Took mine out of the box yesterday, spend 20 minutes in Watopia and everything felt ok, was even able to hit those high power levels that my last trainer didnt have.
Then I disconnected and did a spin down calibration…ended in disaster!!!
See now that I have the same power map that you originally had.
Have send elite an email, waiting for an answer but I see now that there is hope…

Nils Eivind

Hi Nils

That is interesting, did you do the spin down with the Andriod App? or PC or Apple IOS?

Mine was with Andriod, will be interested to see if it is the same app platform or not.

I have not tried another spin down.

Hope Elite sort it quickly for you

Thanks Danny,
I’ll have a look when i’m finished work.
The new map has given me a slight boost but still way off.
Went onto Zwift first thing this morning but still getting whooped and I’m in 50/11 and cadence of about 90rpm!
Power reading still very low too.
Glad you got it sorted though.

Hi Ben.
I tried with Android first- failed all the time. Then I did it with windows 10 and ANT+, succeeded after several tries.
Tested a new calibration this morning with Windows, today it will not calibrate. Gave up after 5 tries.
I struggle to communicate with the trainer nomatter platform, bluetooth and/or ANT+

Hi again Ben - incoming update.
Got a new power map from Elite this morning.
Have uploaded it and now it looks normal compared to yours.
Did a quick 3 minute spin in Watopia just now, things feels and looks normal.
Have asked Elite why this happens and what we should do to avoid it, awaiting the response.
My brother has a Direto X and he needs to calibrate it at least once per month to have correct power numbers so I think its important that we get this right.

Ride on!

Nils Eivind

I had power issues with my first Zumo (heavy resistance and low watt). After installing several maps from Elite I almost gave up. The trainer started making loud noises during an interval session. Elite told me to open the trainer and the belt was in the same position as yours but a large piece was hanging from the inside. Small pieces was all over the place. Elite told me that the belt is not replaceable and I got a replacement trainer.

The replacement is working in myetraining program, but in Zwift there are several issues and even more after calibrating. Nothing happens with the resistance in ERG mode. Resistance is also changing slowly when free riding. The biggest issue is when I start downhill and stop pedaling it takes 10-15 seconds before the watt and cadence gets to zero. The cadence goes up the first seconds and then after 10-15 seconds it gets to zero. Elite told me this is an issue with Zwift but I don’t know. Connection is FE-C ant+ on a windows 10 pc.

Thanks Nils, will be interested to see what they say

Hi Ole

I found that the trainer does not change resistance with Zwift in either sim mode or erg mode when connected through the companion app. It does however work perfectly in both modes when connected via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC.

Does your PC have bluetooth?

I have tried connecting with Bluetooth but I still have problems In Zwift. Perhaps I should try with the companion app.

Got the answer yesterday evening, they say they dont know why things go wrong. I suspect bad bluetooth conditions/weak bluetooth equipment on the trainer. Have heard that others struggle if there are other devices nearby using bluetooth. Will do a session on sunday and then do a new spin down (since I now have the original power map saved) with no other devices nearby. Keeping you posted!

Update from me
I used the file from david - thank you - everything seemed to be working ok, level mode and erg mode were ok and sim mode in zwift.
The power was still inaccurate though by about 10 to 15 watts over at low wattage and about the same but lower for higher wattages.
Tried a spin down and then it was reporting pretty consistently lower values by about 30 watts.

I am using power meter link and the trainer seems to be working fine - would be nice to have it report proper power values with the link but i’ll live with that for now

Good stuff. Glad it was helpful.
I’m a bit tentative to take the cover off mine and have a look but I think that may be the only option from here. Elite said to take it back to the shop and they could send it off for a look. Knowing Halfords they’ll just give refund or voucher and there is zero stock anywhere of any alternatives with none likely soon.