Is there a way to read what trainer and its serial number I paired in Zwift ride file (fit or log or ?)

Is there a way to read what trainer and its serial number I paired in Zwift ride file (fit or log or ?)

I want to make sure the components inside of my trainer is not stolen by switching other problematic components. Before I sent it to the store, my cadence never drops. After I got it back home, the cadence drops in every 5 mins.

If I can compare the older Zwift files that have my original trainer’s name and serial number to the current one I receive, I will know if my trainer’s components got stolen or not.

I saw the case was open before with ruined screws and a rubber piece came out of the case.

I haven’t looked (I’m not near a computer) but apparently if you go In your \Documents\Zwift\ folder, you should find a file called prefs.xml which apparently holds data on all (ever) paired devices. I’m not sure if the file is encoded to be readable though. Have a look. It might not have the level of detail you want though.

Hi Ben, I use iPad for Zwift, not Mac computer. I have both Zwift installed in iPad and Mac. I am not sure if the prefs.xml are local and different based on device.

Ok. They are local to device so that won’t help you. I’m not sure about log files. You can email them to yourself and have a look though.

I checked File folder on iPad and saw Zwift folder.

prefs.xml only show LAST CONTROLLABLE TRAINER.
knowndevices file shows Hammer and its ID.

I assume those files only display the last trainer I used. I can’t find the history of trainers I paired.