Ironman

Hi everyone!

My name is Ilana Kearns, and I am currently in training for Sacramento IRONMAN, long course, raising money for the IRONMAN Foundation. Augusta 70.3 in September (2nd time for this race) is my “training” race for Sacramento. Would love to connect with others as I work on developing my cycling legs for 112 miles. My longest ride to date is 85 miles, and on Zwift my longest ride to date is 52 miles. I’m learning my way around this app and appreciate those of you organizing group rides I have been able to join to get my long rides in! Atlanta is a tough city to ride in as we don’t really have consistent bike lanes. It is difficult to focus on form and speed while watching out for traffic lights and cars so I will be on Zwift A LOT this year!

Good luck!

There’s some great 100km and 100mi group rides, especially at the weekend which will help get you set for your big day. Also, if you can do 100km on Zwift, outdoors will feel so much easier!

1 Like

thank you so much! I am now discovering the endurance training groups! A lot to learn in the world of Zwift. Appreciate this app more than you know!

1 Like

BMTR does a flat century group ride every Saturday at am EST at paces for A through D. It’s friendly, welcoming group! The chat helps the miles seem shorter.

If that time doesn’t work, you can always search ZwiftHacks to search for longer rides that suit your schedule.

Happy training!

1 Like

thank you!! You will definitely see me there!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Looking forward to it, I’m not there every Saturday but frequently enough, lol.

1 Like