iOS Companion app 3.29.0 (1158) issues [SOLVED]

I had to start and restart the app a few times but it eventually started to work properly. It’s amazing that everything zwift do to improve things always makes it worse :joy::rofl:

Same here -doesnt work on ipad or iphone. Running zwift on mac laptop

Same here

I usually use my iPad 8 for Companion and my Android Galaxy S10+ casting to my TV to run Zwift. I had to stop using my iPad for Companion because of the problem everyone is complaining about - map shows up for a millisecond then disappears. So, I switched and use iPad for Zwift and Android phone for Companion, even though I dislike that setup. Both devices running the latest software and both Zwift and Companion on the latest version. Tonight, Companion stopped working on my phone - so no go on Android or Apple. WTH??!! Tried force closing and restarting and nothing. I had to remove and download again, restart both the phone and the iPad and it started to work again. But, during a ride, it randomly did a U-Turn even though I touched nothing, so no route badge as a result.

Bottom line, Companion is still not working on iPad and is starting to act wonky on Android. To say I, and clearly innumerable others are annoyed is an understatement. I appreciate that it’s still being vetted but this isn’t isolated to one platform or operating system. Cheers

Please rollback to the previous version until you can resolve this serious issue. Thank you.

3 Likes

After updating to companion app 3.30 and latest version of Zwift the companion app will not open. Just sits on initial screen. Seems intermittent. Won’t open on iPad IOS 15.1 or iPhone with IOS 14.8.1

1 Like

After the latest update mine is working, zwift app on ipad pro ios15 , companion app on iphone12pro ios 15.
Switched off mobile data on phone and opened zc app first.
See how long it lasts …

Exactly same for me too

Still same after yesterday [3.30.0 (1172)] update. Running Zwift on iPad Pro and ZC on another iPad Pro.

No change for me, either. I’ve switched over to a Galaxy Tab A for the Companion App, which works okay, but the machine’s graphics aren’t great. I look forward to using the iPad again.

I’ve been using an iPad Mini 5 and Mini 6. I’ve found that this is an ideal form factor for me when using the Companion App with Apple TV

2 Likes

Same here. Hopefully the developers are seeing this post. Also when I rotate the iPad the app will not go horizontal

I was hoping they’d fix the companion app issue with this new Zift update - but no go. It still does not work on the iPad. I have to use my iPhone - which I don’t prefer because of the size of the display. Neokyo is great. But disappointed that there’s no fix for the Companion app.

6 Likes

Still working

Hi, I have the same issue with the map not working, for 2 weeks. I run the Zwift app on Apple TV. Companion works perfectly fine on an iPhone (ios15.1), but not on either of my iPads (ios15.1), where the Companion app opens a map and after the circle around me closes, the map disappears and does not know I am riding. I do not get a white screen. I get a map pop up that disappears off the bottom. Pleas help - I really can’t do this without Companion.

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem and issue with running Companion on the phone. Too small.

That does not help, sorry.
FYI, it’s not just running the game app on Apple TV. It’s also if I run the game app on the iPhone and Companion on an iPad. So it looks like an Ipad-Companion issue. Companion runs fine on an iPhone, just small, even when mirrored. Thanks for your help.

Hi @shooj

Thank you for the update. I have tried the interim fix of launching the ZCA before opening the game but the problem persists for me with the map loading for a second or two then minimising.

Is there an ETA for the patch you refer to?

I solved the problem!!! I just couldn’t take it any longer, so I went out a purchased another iPad!!! it’s running iOS 14 and works perfectly!!! I can’t believe this is still going on!!!

2 Likes

Same issue here both iPhone and iPad on 15.0.1. Companion map works fine on iPhone but disappears within seconds on iPad. Very frustrating.

3 Likes