Introducing Hide Display Mode [April 2021]

I don’t know if it’s just me, or has anyone else experienced when the display is hidden, when passing through banners, no power ups are given? I use the companion app and no power ups are coming at all (that’s how I can tell). When I turn the display on, no issues receiving power ups.

1 Like

I got powerups with the display hidden. You aren’t on a TT bike are you?

I was using the Zwift concept bike. Well at least there’s hope - I’ll have to keep trying.

Where do I find the current config that I can add the "set gVignette=FALSE’ to. It does not jump out at me.

Today I did the Uber Pretzel with the HUD turned off. The good: I saw a lot of scenery aspects I had never really had a chance to notice before. The bad: I realized how horrid the graphics on the ATV app really are. I felt like I was playing GoldenEye back in the 90s. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

gxuM60O

:wink:

4 Likes

Which model of ATV do you have?

Nice feature… missing the incline data in my companion app while running. To adjust my treadmill to the right slope I always have to switch it back on. Would be nice to have this kind of information in the companion app

3 Likes

Not including the one coming out next month, I have the latest model of ATV 4K. I will say that many of the graphics are pretty reasonable. It’s mostly the trees, and other flora, that seemed like they were in need of a significant upgrade.

I am also hoping that at some point in the near future Zwift will disable the ‘turn off HUD’ confirmation. I can see having it for a bit of time, as people get used to it, but after a while it’s just annoying to have that extra step. At least make it just a ‘long press’, like the u-turn button. None of the other options on the Companion app menu require a confirmation. Maybe have the confirm pop up for levels 1-5, but nothing after that.

2 Likes

Tick the box in the lower left corner that says “do not show this again”, or something like that.

6 Likes

Hmmm. I’ll look for that n my next ride. I don’t recall seeing it yesterday (Apple TV app). Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Pun intended?
I was on AppleTV yesterday, and you had to use the remote to swipe over to the checkbox.
I made sure to toggle the HUD after selecting the route, but before I started pedaling, along with making sure I was on the bike frame I wanted.

Fantastic new feature! Many thanks. Works great with companion app.

I tried to use the no HUD in a group ride today. I like it a lot. There are so many details I have never noticed before.

With the messages on the Companion App, group rides should be ideal for no HUD, but I had to toggle it on many times since I missed some info:

• The gradient number. I felt I needed it in addition to the feedback from the trainer.
  • The info about how far ahead of the ride leader I was in meters. When behind it is not a problem.
  • Kms ridden and km left. (This is maybe available from the Companion App)

It would be nice with more customization.

3 Likes

Personally, I like the fact it’s a quick tap.

The thing that annoys me is the “Press [H] to show the display” message that stays up for ages after I’ve hidden it.

Never even been tempted to use the rider POV view before this came along, now I love it and use it as much as possible.

Like others have said, it would be nice to have the gradient figures (and profile) available on the companion app, because those are literally the only things I miss from removing the HUD … that would also allow the profile map to me more useful and better sized as well.

On a free ride, it really does feel much more like I am just riding my bike, which is great.

3 Likes

I really like the new feature. :bouquet:

But yesterday on my way up the Alpe I noticed a little glitch: The triangle sign for bend no. 10 was missing, both on the way up and on the way down (both in POV view without HUD). All the other signs were there, number 10 wasn´t. Not a big deal, just sayin´.

Funny you should say that. I noted the same thing on Saturday, but on the way up and also back down. I thought perhaps it was just in the shadows, but I certainly didn’t see it.