Intel integrated graphics gen 10 and 11

Zwift have confirmed if you have integrated graphics using Intel i5 10th or 11th generation there will be issues, they even suggested I stop paying for Zwift until they fix it, there is no date for a fix. I’m not sure if it’s the same for e.g. i3 or i7.

I used to run Zwift on a 4th gen quad-core i7 with Intel Integrated “HD Graphics 4400” without issue.

That’s the irony, older versions still work well, Zwift can’t figure out why versions 10 and 11 have issues. To me, that’s the kind of thing that should be picked up in tesitng before release, or it should then become a priority to fix. But alas, it appears shoe colour is more important to Zwift.

2 Likes

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ This needs splitting into its own thread really, since it’s a fairly fundamental problem that people need to easily find out about if they go searching for help. There are mentions of this all over the place but it’s always mixed in with a load of other unrelated issues.

2 Likes

It seems to be more Intel problem, google Intel Iris and games - issues everywhere, some games running with 720 resolution, but the for the most are these GPUs a no go.
To be honest - nobody should expect running 3D games without issues with these GPUs.

1 Like

Agree, but the least they should do is make it clear that the game isn’t stable on this particular config.

My computer meets (or beats) all the minimum requirements stated by Zwift, therefore, I would expect Zwift to run properly. I’m not expecting Star Wars episode IX animation, I’m expecting Zwift not to crash.

5 Likes

Also interested in this. I’ve been Zwifting from my phone instead of the Surface Pro, which sucks.

1 Like

I have the same problem with a 10th gen i5 laptop. Been through all the Zwift Insider tips on checking Firewall, Wifi router strength/channel, moved ANT+ with slightly longer cable. Changed graphics driver. Made no difference. Unmodified old i3 with default Firewall although glitchy works fine - can always complete a ride. It doesn’t just stop a ride at a random point without warning which is the case right now - more often than not 3-6km from the end. Very frustrating as no point attempting a race or group ride.

5 Likes

I think this has been going on since December 2020. Zwift keep telling people they are working on it but have no date for when it will be fixed. To me, it seems Zwift don’t care, even though there a going to be a lot of people like us with these processors, and even though all our specs meet or beat the minimum requirements, Zwift don’t care. Zwift would rather spend time releasing new sock colours.

1 Like

This issue is bigger than Zwift, if you search google you will find many other games are having this same problem.

1 Like

Hi, I’m in the mix for a new laptop, was looking purely at 11th Gen Iris XE graphics. Are these issues still happening on Zwift?

Issues were still happening with my i5 10th gen yesterday, Zwift froze after 20 minutes. I have cancelled my subscription. I contacted Intel a couple of weeks ago and they have no solution either.

Thanks for replying

That’s a shame. Something to consider for me!

So I found this topic another topic on this – zwiftforums – t/zwift-crashing-freezing-mid-ride/379588/309 (can’t include a link)

The solution there (using an older graphics driver) has completely solved the problem for my Surface Pro. I haven’t had a single freeze/crash as described since I followed the procedure there.

1 Like

Ok, that sounds promising. Do you know whether your Surface Pro 10th or 11th Gen?

I think 10th? I’m not really sure how to tell. I purchased it in Oct. 2020.

Ok thanks.

If you type “Setting” into the start menu search box, and click on Settings App (orange Icon). this will get you to “About” your laptop. Near to the top you will see a bit about your Processor.
Mine says
Intel(R) Core™ i9-9980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

So I have an i9, 9th Gen (the first part after the -). 980HK. Yours will likely say i5-10xxx or i7-10xxx if it is an i7, or i5-11xxx or i7-11xxx if it is an 11th gen.

Intel(R) Core™ i5-1035G4 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.50 GHz

OK cool, 10th Gen. Good to know that there is a fix/workaround for 10th gen Surface Book at least. Shame that we have too…looking at you Zwift!