In game photos (using F10) NOT uploading since last update! [SOLVED]

Hi Yuri - pretty much everyone who has commented in this thread has the same problem and waiting for Zwift to fix it. Use your Companion App to take the pics in the meantime, it should be fine.

2 Likes

This is new. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I read it, Unfortunately I wrote the post just before seeing this topic.
Many thanks.

1 Like

So since a month or so I have this following issue:
Zwift will save Screenshots locally on my PC in the stamdard folder but it won’t upload any of them with my activity. When I end a ride I can choose to save sceenshots. I would do so but then, the activity would be saved without any of them. The problem seems to be with Zwift as there are no pictures in my activity on the ZwiftCompanion App not on my activity on Strava.
I tried the following:

• updating PC app and ZwiftCompanion App, now on latest version
  • clean reinstalling both
  • refeshing connection to strava
  • choosing all “upload pictures” options in PC app settings
  • different network connections when zwifting and saving the activity

All to no avail.
Pls hlp!
Thanks in advance!

Ok so I see there are countless others with the same problem that is not being fixed yet… hope will die last

So… not only does Zwift not take more than ~20 “clean” images using F10 (as it has been for the past ~2 years - only to be acknowledged not so long ago… ), it now fails to upload those taken?

Interesting… Wonder what’s next…

In any case, it shouldn’t take more than another 2 years (give or take some) to fix. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(To those interested: I’ve long given up on F10. I either use the Companion, or third-party app to capture screen images.)

My screen snapshots stopped working.

I’m running zwift on a win 10 pc. I was running under the 7-day free trial.
Everything worked fine including screen snapshots.

A couple days after the trail ended, I signed up for a paid account.
Next time I tried to run zwift, it would just end after the ‘lets go’ screen.

Reinstalling zwift fixed this problem and zwift would run again.
But now my screen snapshots never show up in my activities.
Press f10 and the screen flashes, but when I checked the ‘pictures/zwift’ folder and it’s empty.

Doesn’t work on the companion app either.

Any ideas what to try?

P.S. I just checked my log files in ‘documents/zwift/log’ and there are no log files either.

Same here.
Windows, F10 screenshots do not upload in any activity. They are saved in the hard drive but the upload feature is broken.
I noticed that the upload works if I take the screenshot and save the activity with the companion app. But I don’t like having to use the companion app to do this.

Hi @Phil_Lambos and @Thierry_COUTURE - the F10 photo problem has not yet been fixed by Zwift but as noted, Companion App photos are fine.

Phil - did you completely uninstall previous version, and if so, are you using Onedrive where you logs files may be located, or, did you log into your computer with a different user account? Do you have NO files or folders in your Zwift folder?

@Dean - I completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
I only have one account on the PC.
I am not using onedrive, dropbox or anything else to sync.
I get no zwift log files in the log directory (but I do get launcher log files).
I get no snapshots in the pictures directory using F10 or toolbar.
The companion app does not work for snapshots either.

Every last worked fine on Oct 27.
Game version 1.0.57840
Launcher version 1.50

According to the launcher log on Nov 27 - zwift updated to game version 1.0.58982.
Since then I get no zwift logs or pictures.

Pretty sure Zwift hasn’t even acknowledged they are aware of this broken feature which started in October, maybe they will Zoon(r)

1 Like

Well I think the best bet is to log this with Zwift.support.com - unless it becomes a more well known problem here and someone finds a workaround, not having log files is not good for anything else that may go wrong in the future when they are needed! Very strange Phil.

F10 and screen flashes.
Picture not even saved to disk, Win7 Pro.

Companion App on Andriod. Doesn’t save in phone memory either…

Yay, it’s finally been acknowledged!

5 Likes

Guess that means only 395 “easy” problems to fix before this is tackled :rofl:

This one has been going on for what feels like ages now, very annoying, not as annoying as the issues ruining the TTTs though :frowning:

Just wanted to follow up with what I found. Turns out Avast antivirus was quarantining the ‘zwiftapp.exe’ program. So I added an except for zwift in Avast.

And just like that my logs are back and all my pictures work again. It also explains why I’ve had to reinstall zwift a couple times because it would randomly fail to launch. No idea why Zwift runs fine for about 7-10 days and then all of a sudden Avast decides zwiftapp is a threat.

Anyway, hope this might help someone else. Ride On.

3 Likes

I had a picture Auto upload today.
It turned out to be a picture of the 360 Bridge but I rode Tempus Fugit!

Not sure how that happened.

Yeah, I have not had a photo uploaded since early November. Thought it was just me before seeing this thread!

Has this been fixed for anyone in the new update?