I need help about child account

Hi everyone I think I need help because I can login to my account but when I tried to ride on zwift my avatar doesn’t go. I started to use child account 3 or 4 days ago and ı totally rode 35 km after that yesterday when ı tried to ride on zwift (on android device) the warning came and it’s something like you will use zwift after 25 days. (ı will add photos). does child account have some limitations because when we looked at the information about child account there is nothing about any limitation

I don’t think the child account has a limit. Are the Parent account active and paid in full. does the parent account work as normal?

2 Likes

For child account do we need to open a normal account for our parents because no one in my family ride bikes for training and I’m just 15 because of that I decided to open child account

A parent or guardian must be a full paying member of Zwift for you to receive a free child account.

2 Likes

Oww I wasn’t know that. Thank you a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Emir,

Our support squad reached back out to your emails with a little more information about how children accounts work. Please respond so we can get this situated for you.

Hi
Me and my brother have a childs accounts that have either expired or nearly expired and need a promo code to reactivated… Parents have tried to contact zwift numerous times and had no response… Please help
Thanks Finley

What do you mean the accounts will expire?

My 13 and 10 year both have child accounts…under 16yrs ride free. Apparently every year you need to apply for a promo code to keep their account active. One childs account doesn’t actually expire until 1st Dec but has stopped allowing him to access races! Despite regular efforts to communicate i can not get zwift to reply and provide code. Very upset 13yr old!

Please note that each time you call or email, they put you in the back of the line. I know, it doesn’t make sense, but that is the reality. It is best to wait patiently for a response rather than continue to email them.

A new process was rolled out earlier this year for child accounts, and you had to go online and pay $1 to activate the account for the year and sign the waiver again. Do you remember getting an email about that, it would have been in the spring or early summer maybe if I remember correctly?

1 Like

Hi
OMG that’s ridiculous…not telling the 13yr old that I keep going to the back of the queue. Luckily my partner has emailed as well and he is the patient one!
No recall of an email, though I was in home schooling lockdown chaos!! We are UK based…
We have completed the consent form again for both boys but heard nothing since…
Thanks for your response

1 Like

This may help:

I would think just filling out he form again should be the way to do it.

2 Likes

I think one of the issues here is the complete lack of any real guidance around how Zwift Free for kids actually works. The support hub says fill in the consent form. But when I fill it in, there is no acknowledgement that I have filled it in, no confirmation in either my inbox or my daughter’s and no idea what to do next. Do I create a new account for her, do I wait for some kind of confirmation, do I assume an account is set up for her and it needs to be activated somehow. Did I miss some guidance that hasn’t been published ? Meanwhile she managed to get going on TikTok in about 15 minutes. I find it hard to believe that the safety processes for getting her to ride a bike are fare more complex than filming herself with cute graphics, terrible songs and publishing them to complete strangers!!!

That’s not the best example. TikTok seems to be awful in terms of privacy abuse.

1 Like

I would argue that it is a great example. A service that to my mind is far more desirable for my 12 year old to be using is way way more difficult to take advantage of than one that is shockingly bad. I understand that Zwift wants to be a platforrm that does the right thing, but the usability of the process is terrible. If you let the process get in the way of the objective, then all that happens is that your kids sign up to platforms that follow bad practice and miss out on ones that have way better aims and practices.

1 Like