I’m sick and my first olympic distance triathlon is in a month, I’m worried I haven’t been able to train

I have my first olympic distance triathlon in 29 days; I’m honestly very pissed because I’ve trained so hard for it but I got a stomach virus last week and haven’t been able to train for a week, I’m lacking strength and I still have a few resting days to go. I’m frustrated about loosing the training I’ve been doing for months mostly because these are the most important weeks of my training plan… I really wanted to get there in great shape. Any advice or motivational words will help,thank you. I’m 23 btw

Don’t overthink it…just chillout, allow your body to rest/recover and hydrate big time (take in salty soups, rice, electrolytes, vitamins, & minerals to replace what your body purged out…) and slowly ease back into training, at about 50% of the level/intensity you were doing before and see how you feel. Rice always helped me rebound quickly from illness in training (MTB racing, olympic & 1/2 IM tri’s, & 10k & 1/2 marathon running races). Have you looked at “Mark Allen Online”? Great tri training resource and as you’re doing an olympic distance, you’ll be surprised how quick your body “rebounds” from illness at your age. If it were a 1/2 IM or full IM, the illness could effect you more but not so much for an olympic distance. Haven’t raced in over a decade but even in my mid 30’s, a major bout of food poisoning (bad turkey…) where i lost 12lbs. of weight in 2 days, i snapped back in about a week, just ease back into training slowly, let your body recover at its own pace, forcing it or overdoing to quickly can set you back further and potentially lead to “overtraining” and overwhelm your immune system.
Also, I’m not a Dr., YMMV, etc. just offering my own life experience in racing…
Have fun and good luck in your race ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have my first olympic distance triathlon in 29 days; I’m honestly very pissed because I’ve trained so hard for it but I got a stomach virus last week and haven’t been able to train for a week, I’m lacking strength and I still have a few resting days to go. I’m frustrated about loosing the training I’ve been doing for months mostly because these are the most important weeks of my training plan… I really wanted to get there in great shape. Any advice or motivational words will help,thank you. I’m 23 btw

my issue got solved!!

Link removed