I don't understand a metric in Zwift companion on android

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong forum. When I examine my timeline in Zwift companion, one of the metrics makes no sense to me. In the screenshot below, there is the number 3129 with some mountains next to it - so I assume it refers to height in some way.

The number can’t be my current height ascended (because I never got that high) nor can it be cumulative ascent (both because my cumulative ascent isn’t that high and because it goes up and down as you move forward through the timeline).

I can find no overall explanation of what each metric means so I am at a loss.

Can anyone help?

Altitude in feet I believe.

I thought that at first as well but my ascent for the entire ride (from sea level to the tower and back) was only 2567ft so I couldn’t ever have been at 3129ft.

1 Like

I think it’s a bug in the Android companion. iOS value is correct and same as the value recorded in Garmin Connect. Looks like the number is doubled.

Android:

iOS:

GC:

The figure in the companion app must be wrong. I have found an activity where I went to the top of the tower. In Strava the elevation at the top of the tower was 1659ft, but the companion app shows 1031m (3382ft) even though total elevation for the ride was 694m (2277ft).

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. It never occurred to me it might be a bug - at least it’s put my mind at rest that I’m not going crazy!

1 Like

That could still also be true. :smiley:

2 Likes

More houmore to the people,i love it Daren​:joy::+1:

1 Like

Indeed, and as I peddle away in my shed I sometimes think it is!

2 Likes