I am ready to give up

You define your internet speed as “more than you” and your computer as “an upper level one”. Can you put some quantitative numbers behind those? What is your actually download speeds? Not what’s advertised by your provider. What are the specs on your CPU and Ram?

I’ve never had any update take longer than 10 seconds. I don’t have particularly fast internet. The issue is clearly with your own setup which you need to debug.

The privilege escalation ‘toast’ (it pops up, get it?) is a windows security feature, not a zwift one. And it’s an important bit of protection that you really want to keep in place. Having it pop up UNDER an app is not likely Zwift’s fault and is not consistent behavior across all all devices.

Mitch’s insecure comeback bragging about his internet speed, ‘upper level’ lenovo and insulting tone reminds me of the ferrari guy from the 1st fast and furious movie. So roadie. :smiley:

That aside he does raise a valid point. It is possible for developers to auto update programs without privilege escalation. As an example if you’re a gamer Steam will auto update your games by default. Of course this means a launcher running in the background and that’s a whole nother piece of software to develop, maintain, update and so on. I believe Zwift is a relatively small shop and I think I’d rather keep new features and fixes coming for the core ‘game’. Now that we have mountain bikes can we please get a Whistler area with jump physics for A-line?

1 Like