HUD Customisation

Hello to all of you fellow Zwifters :slight_smile: !

Like already said here (Elevation profile) , I think the route elevation profile is really lacking of clearness.

I am posting this here as it is a more suitable section, IMHO.

As you discover a road, it is difficult to anticipate and manage your efforts since you do not know what will come next and sometimes you are juste caught with a sudden gradient increase…

I think an option to choose what and how to display some relevant information (we do not all have the same “concept” of relevant :wink: ) could be cool…
For example, I would love, when I select a route, to see how much distance / elevation / time estimate to destination is remaining ! And you ?

Ride on guys !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes please, really need this, I’d just like simple feature like being able to adjust colours to high contrast to make stats easier to read.

@Wes, any comment on Zwift as I see that this thread has no comments from the Zwift design team? I know that there is an impending UI update but it would be good to know if this is in consideration or not? Cheers.

Nothing to share at this time. I can say that we are certainly paying attention to the requests. :ride_on:

3 Likes

Cheers @Wes, appreciate the response.

I tried using View 3 for a while a few weeks ago. It was fine in solo rides, but using it in any sort of group ride, or a race with lots of entrants was horrible - because of the crowd of riders, your rider kept on going “through” other riders and then you’d see (briefly) the insides of their faces! Very disturbing… switched back to view 1 not long after.

2 Likes

I’m using zwift with an OLED TV. It would be really nice to turn off the HUD when I don’t need it to prevent burn in on my screen. Please consider adding a hotkey to hide the display.

Definitely can NOT do that on AppleTV. About the only thing you can do on AppleTV is select a power-up and bring up the main menu. You can’t even change the map view with AppleTV.

This would be SOOO nice!

I especially want to see a large clock with local time on ATV which I currently can’t. It is very common that I need to quit working out at a specific time rather than a specific distance or duration.

This feature on the PC app would make riding alone so much more enjoyable… all that work that goes into designing the work and the graphics and 1/3 of it is covered at any one time. Seems ridiculous!!

2 Likes

Please add W/KG to the HUD!

Hi @Wes after the (I thought) successful HUD free tests that ZHQ did a while ago, is there any development of the ability to switch off the HUD for events (UI upgrade withstanding of course!)?

1 Like

Would be great if you could see the complete profile of your ride, while riding of course. Add an indicator where you are on the route profile. If you can see the hills coming in the minimap and knowing percentage you have done that would really help. A bit like Tour de france now, when they show distance already ridden (for example in red) and to come (for example in yellow)
That combined with the climbing profile. Top !!!

Don’t really need to see the other riders on that map, these are just dots passing, and anyway there is the ‘Zwifters nearby’ panel for that one.

I would also love this feature. You wouldn’t need a complete editor for it, it could be an “expert feature” at first: If there is a hud.xml in Documents\Zwift (including the problems of cross-device), use that, otherwise default. You could then have something like

<hud>
	<gauge type="current_power", font="medium", width="5%", height="5%", anchor="topleft", x="10", y="10", label="PWR", transparency="80%">

<panel title="Power", width="10%", height="10%", anchor="botright", x="10", y="10", transparency="75" columns="2", rows="2">
		<gauge colspan="2".../>
		<gauge.../>
		<gauge.../>
	</panel>

</hud>

Where current_power etc would be tags known to Zwift

Seriously! HUD customization please. Just a simple “disable” certain info boxes would be awesome.

I’d like to see the option of leaderboards on the Companion App.
On AppleTV, you cannot switch which leaderboard is shown on the HUD.

We need this.

We need a lot of things but the priorities seem to be on adding new stuff rather than fixing/improving old stuff

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m a new user and for me one of the most important things is the minimap, especially the course profile. Personally, I find the map impossibly small and would much prefer the course profile, with an indication of where I am, to run across the bottom of the screen where the power graph currently runs (maybe a toggle could be set up between the profile and the graph?)

If you think about cycling on TV, the first thing they show you is the course profile - because that’s what people want to know. So to my mind, it would make sense to have the profile visible while you’re actually riding the course on Zwift - then I’d understand better exactly why I’m puffing so much, and how much further I’ve got to go before I get some welcome downhill relief!

4 Likes

jeeze still no progress? is zwift playing zwift? is it really so that hard to change your modules, code?

1 Like