How to avoid loss of connectivity over WiFi [Wahoo Kickr V6]

i was recently just in the middle of a race and my wifi connection with Zwift was lost for about 20 seconds which was more then enough to be dropped and couldnt catch up the group. i thought that the wifi connection of the Kickr V6 would be better than bluetooth but i never got a connection loss with bluetooth.
is there a way to avoid connectivity loss somehow?
cheers

Welcome to Forums @Gledison_Fonseca. This is Juan a Zwift colleague. I appreciate you’ve shared your inquiry on this space. Wi-Fi is more susceptible to interference compared to other connections. Various factors, such as the layout of your home, obstacles blocking the signal, interference from electrical devices, and your neighbor’s Wi-Fi networks, all contribute to making Wi-Fi less reliable in general.

If you want to continue using WiFi instead of Bluetooth, I have some suggestions.

• There is a gadget from Wahoo, KICKR Direct Connect module. It eliminates the need to use Bluetooth or ANT+, which is compatible for KICKR V6. If you want to learn more about it, please click on this link.

• Typically, Wi-Fi operates at two bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Depending on the region and regulations, each is divided into multiple channels (“lanes”). So, the Wi-Fi channel is the frequency at which your router sends and receives signals.

• Use 5.0 GHz WiFi. Using only 5.0 GHz WiFi instead of 2.4 eliminates the interference 2.4 may have with ANT+ signals.

• On 2.4 GHz WiFi, Avoid Channel 10. Channel 10 uses the exact same frequency as ANT+ (2.457 GHz) and will thus interfere with those signals. If you must use 2.4 GHz WiFi, use channels 1-5, and do not use the auto channel selection feature on your WiFi router.

Personally, I would like to advise you to keep things simple and use a Bluetooth connection. If you have any further questions, please contact our support team for personalized assistance. They will be happy to help you.

The Wahoo products that use WiFi for DirectConnect only support 2.4GHz so this isn’t an option for those trainers.