How does Kinetic inRide work with Zwift?

Just want to mention how helpful and active this community is when compared to Kinetic’s. There are only about 20 total posts on their website—and none mentioned how to use Kinetic with Zwift, just that it was compatible.  Thanks to all involved, users and reps! 

Ready to Give Up:

I signed up for a trial of Zwift last week. I activated on Saturday when I got a trainer from Amazon that didn’t work, I returned it and today I got a Kinetic Road Machine. It will talk to its own app on my phone, but it won’t talk to Zwift at all. Like everyone else in this column, I tried all the directions and bottom line, I can’t get Zwift to work to work. Does it work with this trainer at all? I have 2 days of free trial left and I am sure not going to sign up if it won’t work.

Anyone got any concrete solutions? Do I need to uninstall the Kinetic app?

Rick,

Can you return the trainer? The train seems to be more headache then it’s worth. For about the same price you can get a Tacx Satori Smart which you will have no issues getting it connected to Zwift.

So, I had the Tacx delivered here on Saturday and shipped it back the same day. No directions, wouldn’t calibrate and was pretty disappointing. It did, however, connect to Zwift.

In the year and a half I have had mine I have had zero issue with it. 

Good luck with the Road Machine.

@Rick D.

I bought the inRide sensor and put on my very old–the blue color-- Kinetic Road 

You have to have latest Kinetic app running with Zwift app or no data will get sent from Zwift app to Zwift program running on PC/Mac. The steps here by Be Woz worked for me. The first time it did seem slow linking to my laptop via bluetooth until I realized I needed to have the mobile app on too…basically running three programs; two mobile apps and Zwift on my laptop. I put Kinetic app workout on pause after it calibrates, just in case that saves power…hope some of this helps