How do you think this Mac Book Pro will doing

How do you think this Mac Book Pro will do:

• 2.6GHz 6‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
  • 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory
  • 1TB SSD storage
  • 16-inch Retina display with True Tone
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • Backlit Magic Keyboard - US English

Upgrade the GPU to the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M.
This is the only MBP card that gets Zwift 4K graphics, and it manages around 50 FPS in smaller group rides.
It runs Ultra mode at around 80-100 FPS even in massive group rides.
The 5300 is somewhat underpowered for Zwift.

Be interesting to see a Zwiftalizer log file from this. Unless you mean once the crowds have dispersed, even highly overclocked desktop CPUs can’t come close to those numbers in a group ride.

If I could persuade Zwift forums to accept a zwiftalyser image from my Mac I’d show the actual results of racing up Ventoux in a 4000 person event in July.
MBP was set to ultra with high-1440 profile in game, preference file was maxed out with 2048 shadows and 300% foliage. Should have dialled the settings back a bit, but forgot.
P5 35; AVG 70; P95 103.
Usual P5 was in the first few minutes, and as you point out I needed a good 40 minutes up the hill to reduce rider count sufficiently to get to the AVG FPS.
The MBP cannot run 4K mode in these mass races. It just dies at the start.

Cheers. In busy events with any more than about 40 riders in your immediate vicinity, CPU is the bottleneck not GPU. It wouldn’t have improved even on 576p at the start, you can see the GPU utilisation sitting really low even though the frame rate is tanking.

4K is the only setting that really pushes a GPU, but it becomes irrelevant when the CPU holds it back. As I say even systems with overclocked i7 processors and enthusiast tier graphics cards suffer the same fate, it can’t be avoided.