How do you get into a ZRL Premier Division Team?

I wasn’t able to find an overview of the teams currently racing in Premier Division. Apart from being really fast, what do you have to do to be able to join them?

Depends a lot on the team I guess. Many PD teams (including ours) are part of a larger community team, so normally you’d first join the team in general and then get selected to the PD squad based on your performance and other abilities (including avail-). In other cases you might get scouted, again based on your performance either on Zwift or IRL, or of course you can just try asking team management directly as well.

The full team roster (up to 10 riders) has to be registered before the season starts so at the moment you’d be looking into the next season if you aren’t on a team already.

2 Likes

Aside from being fast there’s a lot more required for verification for PD. You need to have the necessary kit to dual record, go through ZADA verification and fulfil certain requirements such as filming yourself for the live stream while racing.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a part of what I put under “other abilities”. Having a smart trainer on the now much shorter list of approved ones plus a separate power meter and head unit for dual recording can be a considerable hurdle for some, and indeed you have to take it and yourself through the whole ZADA business well before the season starts.

2 Likes

Thanks. I own all the kit so I guess that I would just need to do the ZADA verification.

You can do the ZADA Power Test, but the verification is something you send in together with the team manager for the team you race on. So if racing in the premier div is something you are interested in the first step is to either qualify with your current team in the playoffs, contact some of the teams and hear if they are interested, or start on their community team. A good way to get noticed is to race some of the strong races out there and get some strong finishing positions. I also recommend that you start dual recording, since it both show openness, allows you to prove your performances, and also shows teams that you actually fulfill the requirements needed to race in the PD.

There are also some teams like PO Auto i race for that is based in one country and only have riders of that nationality and also have even stricter requirements for being eligible to race the PD. We do e.g. not accept the Kickr Core, as a trainer due to risk of miscalibration and bad readings, something i know is shared sentiment among several other teams as well.

2 Likes