High cadence reading

Hi, for the first 1/2 hour or so of a Zwift session my cadence readings on screen are far higher than I know I’m pedalling at and my Stages link shows the real cadence. They settle down eventually and correspond with stages. Any suggestions?

Hi @Gordon_Moncrieff_SZR ,

Looks like this is your first time posting a topic on the Zwift Forums, so welcome!

Sorry to hear that your Stages bike is showing incorrect cadence during your Zwift rides. It’s odd that the cadence is only off for half an hour, but then normalizes for the rest of the ride. I have to wonder if you’re getting some wireless signal interference. If so, I’d suggest you go through all the suggestions in this article.

If that doesn’t help, I’ve seen it before where another paired device (e.g. a heart rate monitor) will cause a smart bike or smart trainer to have some erratic power or cadence readings due to signal interference. Maybe try unpairing your Polar HRM from Zwift for a short ride, and see if the cadence issue goes away. If it does, then you know that’s the culprit.

If you’d like one of Zwift’s support tech’s to take a closer look at this, we’re happy to do so. Please send us a support request here.