Hiding certain riders

Is it possible to hide certain riders so you don’t see them? Or can you block someone the way it’s done on some social media platforms?

No, if you have issues with a certain rider i’d suggest reporting them to zwift.

Zwift can give them shadow bans that stops them doing certain things

This would be a very useful tool if only to block their messaging during rides. I recently was in a group ride and two riders dominated the chat talking about how olive oil and balsamic vinegar is not as good in USA as it is in Italy. It was really distracting to the ride and only way to stop it is to block all chat including the group leader.

1 Like

i wish, brother.

The ability to filter out some riders would be valued for reasons I mentioned above. It doesn’t have to be a conflict requiring someone being banned. Some people dominate group chats and it can be frustrating and detrimental to the ride. Some people use the chat for personal agenda and we should all be able to switch that person off without sacrificing the ability to interact with others.

2 Likes

Sounds similar to this suggestion:

2 Likes

For me (who started this post), I would like to block those riders with a certain national flag. I don’t want to ride with other riders whose soldiers are currently reigning down terror on innocent people. I have asked Zwift about this and posted in the past but only get my posts terminated as Zwift has taken a certain position or lack of position. I come to zwfit to train and ride solo. I am not set up to listen to conversations thankfully. I ride zwift to train and escape the real world and all the crap.I don’t want to be reminded of a terrible war and atrocities every time I see this flag and rider shamelessly riding with me. Please don’t report or delete this. It’s upsetting to the point I am looking into different cycling apps if I have to keep riding with those who most likely support war crimes and violence. I do appreciate the one rider with this flag who did have the hastag #stopwar. At least he is against the violence.

1 Like

i want to block this guy

3 Likes

another thing sauce can do that zwift can’t if you really want to block rider chat for specific riders

It’s pretty clear that Zwift aren’t interested in this sort of thing. You might try one of the products that doesn’t have live in-game riders if it’s a deal breaker for you.

"i want to block this guy:

You don’t care about the war in Europe? Or care about the aggressor’s flag? It’s banned in most sports events and other online platforms, except Zwift. And by the way I am a woman. I’m sure I would block you too.

1 Like

For me any flag is simply a flag and does not represent everyone who was born under it or their personal/political opinion. I’m sure if you look long enough you will find many bad things conducted under each and every flag including the flag you call your own. It’s time to stop judging each other by things we have no control over. By all means they could object to displaying their flag but also they could be simply indicating their time zone and first language or perhaps trying to represent themselves and their flag differently to how our media has told us.

3 Likes

Zwift is a global virtual cycling app if you oppose being inclusive to those who can access it and mix with everyone then you should really consider not having Zwift.

Everyone is different. But if my large powerful country was raining down terror upon a small country illegally as well as disrupting world food supplies and threatening nuclear war, I would not display my flag. But that is me. And I have been ashamed of my own flag plenty of times in my own lifetime. I actually never display my own flag in any circumstance. Yes all civilizations are guilty of many offenses over time. But this war in Ukraine takes the cake. It’s unforgivable and Ukraine has done nothing to deserve this hell. Sadly many in Russia support this war so that is why I don’t want to see the flag when I escape to ride my bike on Zwift. All I’m asking is that I can block riders or the Russian flag. I’m not asking Zwift to ban Russians.

2 Likes

And I’m really disappointed by the apologetic attitudes towards this war and that Zwift is worried about “hurting” feelings of those whose country is waging war and terrorism against innocent people.

2 Likes

Seems to me like the blocking idea is generally a good one regardless of reason. Also seems to me like @H_S9 's reasons for wanting to block some riders are reasonable–blocking those riders in this way would not be punishing those riders, and unjust wars are exactly the sort of thing that reasonably cause this sort of distress in people. (Also also seems to me that the average Russian citizen might have very little say in what the Russian govt is doing. I’m a US citizen, and I can’t stop the unjust wars we’ve been a part of. But saying that isn’t to delegitimize what anyone is feeling.)

2 Likes

I guess I don’t want to be inclusive to those who support war and terrorism. Many in Russia do support this war. It’s no secret. Like I said, I’m not asking that Russians be banned. I just don’t want to see the Russian flag. I am sure this conversation will get deleted soon. Zwift is too worried about hurting feelings of those who very likely might support a terrible war.

I am watching this post closely, this is slowly drifting in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

one option for you is to disconnect your network, wifi or wired connection, as soon as you get into the world/route you want to ride. Once you disconnect the network you will be riding all alone and won’t have anyone else around. When finished riding, re-connect the wifi and then you can save your ride. If you don’t re-connect you will not be able to save the ride.

2nd option, hide the HUD and the riders nearby list will go away along with all other info.

2 Likes

Other options in addition to the above would be to use Zwift meetups, or join/form a club with the people you want to ride with. Configure those private events to not show all riders.

2 Likes