Help me understand drafting in zwift

Ah, I didn’t know that, how odd. Still, if he’s a CE B I’ll eat my hat.

I’m category enforced to B, so C races are no longer an option for me. In terms of putting out FTP level efforts, my data is mostly off Zwift, as I am one of those seasonal Zwifters who unsub for the road racing season. But getting my butt kicked in these races are giving me the push I need to diet down to a sub 20 bmi.

1 Like

If your Low Blue (Zone 2) is 205w then I would guess your FTP in Zwift is around 330w so that would put you in B.

CE use all your data not just races.

That makes sense then. Been using Zwift lately to chip away at the monthly climbing challenge, while letting TR control ERG mode.

Why would having a higher av power at shorter intervals (3-5’) put John’s CE category lower? Seems counter intuitive…

Yes definitely counter intuitive. My only answer is that if you are using a power curve to arrive at a CE power figure then if the curve goes up at one end it should go down at the other end, rightly or wrongly.

In the end I think Zwift must have thought wrongly as during the past year they changed something in the calculation. They have confirmed that durations of less than 5 minutes no longer affect the longer duration zFTP calculation.

1 Like