Heart beat not showing on shwift

Good day

lately, I have issue with heart beat  showing on screen of swift when I trained. My heart belt is connected but pulse is not showing. I have to connect/  disconnect 2 to 3 time to get work. It work fine on my Garmin device but showing on screen of   Swift. What should I do to get it work the first time? Thanks

Serge

Can you provide a little more info on your hardware Serge, that is, computer/tablet/phone/ANT+ dongle and/or Bluetooth?

How old is your HR device and belt?

Good morning

My heart beat belt is brand new, it’s a garmin. I use and iPad Air 2 with a ant + antenna. 

Serge

You may not be wet enough to get it broadcasting. I use aloa Vera gel on mine which creates the required electrical contact until I start sweating. 

The heart beat is showing very well on my garmin device. It shows pair with my heart belt on swift apps but the heart beat is showing dash line while I ride with swift. The only to get it work is to stop the swift apps from running and start again. After a couple times, I got it work. Annoying after a while. 

Serge

Ah, that’s possibly  because the HRM is not latching to Zwift. If you are viewing it with another app it stays locked to the app for ages. I get this with mine when I get too close to my treadmill before it locks to Zwift. I have to turn the treadmill off to get it to release the HRM so it will lock to Zwift. 

Ok, thanks for the info, I will try that. 

Serge

Make sure your HR monitor is not paired with another app on your iPad.  I had that issue as well and the problem was it was auto-pairing with Wahoo Fitness App when I ran the spindown calibration.  To fix this, I make sure to close and exit the other app before starting up Zwift.  Just closing an app does not cause it to exit on iPad/iPhone.  It keeps it running in the background.  You need to exit the app after closing it.  This solved the problem completely for me.