Hammer connectivity issues

Hello. I am experiencing the same issue with resistance on my Hammer. It works fine over Apple TV 4K, but the past 2 days I wanted to try the Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. Everything works and connects; it just doesn’t change the resistance.

Hi,

still same issue here but somebody from Zwift is already working on it and as soon as I’ll get some feedback, I’ll let you know.

Cheers from Austria,

andrea

Any update? I’m still having this issue with Hammer using Android on a Huawei Mediapad M5.

Me too. No update so far :frowning:

Same here not subscribing without this fixed.

I have the same issue with my h2, there is a connection but no resistance control. I found that this trainer is in the unsupported trainers list. No point to subscribe untill a solution for this.

Forwarding this info over, thanks for the heads up everyone!

strange when I log a ticket nobody at Zwift seems to know what we are talking about while the complaints are numerous and well responded in the forums… (for a while btw)

1 Like

Rode with my tablet again this morning, with the Zwift app having downloaded the latest update last night, and still no resistance on the H2.
Today it didn’t matter at least, as I wanted a very easy ride anyway. Still, not ideal - this is not a new issue.

So no solution indeed. Even no feedback. Great quality for 15 euro a month…

I’ve been assuming they’ve been working on it due to this language in the Play store:

One last thing - we’re aware of some major outstanding issues, and we’re actively working to resolve them. In approximate order of priority, they include:

• Spin-downs don’t work
  • Trainer Erg & Sim mode don’t work on CycleOps Hammer trainers

As much as it breaks my heart, because I love Zwift, I think I’m going to have to cancel my subscription. The thousand dollars for a trainer that works with other software trumps paying to be a beta tester for software that doesn’t work.

I still love ya Zwift, it just doesn’t make any sense to pay for beta software that doesn’t work with the top-end trainers.

FYI @Vincent_Williams1

1 Like

Just another bump to this. This issue is stopping me trying, and potentially subscribing to Zwift. I don’t really care about spin downs (i’ll do them in Rouvy), but I’m not ponying up without Zwift controlling the resistance of my Hammer.

1 Like

Micah - so why use the Android version of Zwift? Zwift works fine for me running it on my PC with my Hammer trainer. The Android version is after all still in Beta. That said spindowns don’t work properly with the PC version.

Depending on your ‘pain cave’ setup, a tablet can be much more convenient than a PC?

My trainer is set up in the lounge, and while Zwift looks better on my old PC, once Zwift (hopefully soon) controls my H2 correctly, I’ll switch to using my Mi Pad 4 on a custom stand. Neater, easier to move out of the way.
If I had an extra room to spare, PC all the way, with a nice big screen :slight_smile:

Hi, I had this problem also. I had ANT+ and built-in BLE enabled (ANT+ for a HRM and cadence sensor) and noticed that Zwift would connect to the Power Source via BLE but used ANT+ for the Controllable.

I noticed there were two different approaches fixing this:

1. After everything was paired and I was getting the flashing blue LED, I would manually select the BLE connection on the “Controllable” icon;

2. After everything was paired and I was getting the flashing blue LED, I would click on the wrench icon new the Power Source to invoke the calibration screen and immediately cancel out of that screen (i.e. I didn’t actually do the calibration).

I know you didn’t mention also having ANT+ enabled but maybe option two (clicking on the wrench) will do it. That seems to trick Zwift or the trainer into being in “controlled” mode.

Actually there was a third method if you do have ANT+ enabled and that’s to pair the trainer without the ANT+ enabled then plug in the ANT+ dongle to pair the HRM and cadence sensor.

Hope this helps. I did and entire ride without noticing the flashing blue LED and was completely confused by the lack of gradient changes.

Was this on an Android device or PC? On PC my H2 works (mostly) perfectly, but on my Android tablet it doesn’t give any resistance.

But, I will test the wrench thing on the tablet when I have a moment.
[EDIT] Nope, makes no difference for me

Having this problem as well. If I can’t trouble shoot this issue in a few minutes with my iPad I’m done with Zwift and doing something that works. Not paying for an app that turns my smart trainer into a fluid trainer

I believe this is an issue with the most recent update to Zwift, specific to Apple devices, as the Hammer/H2 has been working fine for some time on Android.

I am now having issues with Zwift not controlling the resistance on my Hammer trainer. It doesn’t work on my Apple TV or my iPad. Rouvy works from my Samsung galaxy, however.

I also noticed when I had the app running on my iPad, the companion app said that I didn’t have anything connected, when I clearly did. It has been working just fine for the last 6 months, or so.

Hello, I have problems with my saris Hammer 3, the smart trainer is disconnect after two hours of training frecuently. The blue light is turn off after two hour.
I have used Zwift an rouvy, and alway happen it. The smart trainer, don’t appear as well as smartphone and my cycle computer…
Can you help me?
Thanks