Guide to Getting Useful Support

Hi all,

Just to clarify first - I’m not Zwift Support, or one of the moderators of this forum. Just a regular user like the rest of you. However in these circumstances where loads more people are using Zwift for the first time, and there are regular updates to the game (which can bring new bugs) there are obviously a lot more support requests than normal. Many of them can be resolved by the community, without having to contact Zwift Support.

However it is vital that you do some things before posting your issue. Often steps 1-5 will resolve it and you won’t need to go any further.

1. Update your version of Zwift. On PC and Mac this is done automatically when you launch the game. On all other platforms, go to the App/Play Store and check for an update manually - don’t rely on an automatic update which could be delayed.
  2. Update your version of the Companion App. Go to the App/Play Store and check for an update manually - don’t rely on an automatic update which could be delayed.
  3. Check these forums for new and ongoing reports of others having the same problem, particularly in the What’s New, Known Issues and Bugs and Support boards. You don’t need create a new thread if there already is one in active use.
  4. Check the Zwift Status page to see if there’s a wider problem for everyone.
  5. If you’re Zwifting on Apple TV, iPhone or iPad, please be patient. Updates and bugfixes take longer to be released via Apple’s App Store than all the other platforms.
  6. Collate information on your setup including what version of Zwift and the Companion App you are using.

Once you’ve done those things, you should look to include the following information with your post:

• The platform you are Zwifting on - PC, Mac, Android, Apple TV or iOS.
  • The operating system you are using - for example Windows 10, macOS Catalina, iOS 13, Android 11 etc.
  • If you’re on a PC or Mac it’s useful to give a full run down of your system specs, including the exact processor and graphics card if applicable.
  • The version of Zwift you are using (usually 1.0.xxxxx) - this can be found at the bottom right of the login screen.
  • If necessary, the version of the Companion App you are using - this can be found by going to ‘Settings’ → ‘About’ in the app.
  • Your location, if the issue could be related to your internet connection.
  • What trainer you’re using, including how it is connected to your system (Bluetooth or ANT+). Remember that there could be a firmware update that fixes your problem, so check your trainer manufacturer’s website for instructions on how to do this. Again, being up to date is important.

By confirming you are all up to date and then giving key information about your Zwift setup, everyone will be able to help each other better.

HELP Zwift Not Responding
Having trouble with speed
Kickr Wahoo Trainer does Not work when starting training
Resistance not working correctly
Power drastically goes down... and turning noise goes slower
My rider won’t move on Zwift!
Zwift crashing every ride
Help calibrate
Screenshot shows black picture
Zwift on Elite trainer
How do I increase my W (watts)
Erg mode not working (training rides)
Graphics corrupt
Kickr Trainer connected, but no power output?
Zwift DOESN'T work
Last two miles
Route Achievements
Zwift bug
Zwift not pairing with Kickr & app not responding
Low power on dumb trainer
Please help me with Zwift
Installeren
Zwift freezing or crashing mid session
Assioma pedals not linking with Zwift
Start
No watts recorded on Thinkrider A5
Resistance drop during ERG mode workouts
Not staying on TT course. No choice
App started to hang in the last week
Software Crashing!
Zwift crash on my laptop (windows 10)
Effort on downhills Saris H3
Zwift crash. Reboot required
Continuous Disruption
Connection problems with bkool pro trainer
Mega Crashing in Win 10
The bodyless rider
Connexion Zwift / Tacx Neo 2
0 mph?
Change of difficulty
New to Swift
Bug with the apps this morning - Ipad and Iphone
Kicked out last night
Zwift full crash at start after clicking "let's go", depends on external monitor configuration
Problem z watami
Zwift not registering watts
Can’t get any speed
Bluetooth pairing not working after macOS Big Sur update [SOLVED]
How in the H#ll do I get hold of these guys
Tour of Watopia Upload Problems
Zwift crashes sometimes after approx. half an hour
Zwift shuts down on watopia
PC shuts down while Zwifting
System keeps freezing
Zwift on Windows Crashing Constantly
Trainer no signal
Connection failure
Programme freezing whilst on ride
ANT+ speed sensor and cadence connected but not signal
Zwift don't work
Fluctuating power and speed
Zwift crash regularly
Zwift Keeps crshing during workout
Not saving ride
Still Can't Access Makuri Islands
When choosing a route a part of the wattopia or NY map is black
ERG Mode issues w/ Saris H3
Having trouble with speed
Low power on dumb trainer
Membership pending?
Alpe du Zwift prize wheel
Game Update - April 14th, 2020
Freezing middle of ride

Good example :white_check_mark:
I’m on Apple TV and version 1.0.49617. This morning I cannot log into the game, even though the status page says everything is okay. The rest of my internet access is fine. I’m in Germany. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Bad example :x:
Zwift does not work any more, I cannot do my workout and I’m angry. Please fix this now!

8 Likes

Innit.

Great post! People should have to tick off that they’ve done all these things before being able to post a new report. :smiley:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Did not receive kit after ride

A post was split to a new topic: Question support

The post is for getting good support on the forums.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Apple app store

A post was split to a new topic: Can super tuck need help

A post was split to a new topic: How to change time zone