Gradient/Power measurement lag getting worse and worse

What the heck?!

It almost feels like with every update you guys distribute the gradient lag comes back or gets worse. I‘ve only been a member since September (rhyme not intended), but DAMN those technical issues really suck the energy and fun out of you. I friggin‘ LOVE Zwift!! It hits the nail right on the head for me! But last week for instance, during a group workout (ERG mode) my gradient was lagging 3 minutes (not for three minutes - it was BEHIND three minutes!). Later it increased to be 4.5 minutes behind! You feel ultra weird when you’re doing a group workout but your intervals don’t match the intervals of the rest of the group. In the next two or three trainings everything was fine.

Today, upgraded to the latest version, checked the WAHOO drivers up front, started driving up the first hill - neither did the gradient change nor my Kickr climb. Turned around and around and around - nothing.

So I restarted the tour, well things can happen. I‘m a professional software developer myself. No worries. After restarting the tour - no improvement - the gradient was lagging for about 15-20 seconds right from the start. Soooo we do the general reset. Switch off EVERYTHING! iPad, iPhone, Kickr Core, Kickr Climb, even lights and vent. Standing in the dark in my pain cave in the basement, chilling a bit since it‘s winter and I already started sweating from the first few minutes training. Standing in the dark in my basement, reconsidering my life choices. Man, I‘m an overweight family dad, I LOVE cycling, but it’s dark and cold outside. So I invested more than 3.000€ into the whole equipment to get up my cardio during the Covid pandemic. My daily agenda allows for 90 minutes max per training - man I don‘t have TIME to restart everything two, three times for twenty minutes only to find out 6 minutes into the next tour that the lag has returned! And repeat that whole process every other training.

Needless to say (gotta a bit carried away with my rant here) - restarting everything did not help a f***ing bit! After the great reset I tried restarting the tour (the brand new one, Climbers gambit) another two times then I gave up and rage quitted…

So PLEASE - what‘s the deal? How can this be?! iPad Pro 2nd gen, Kickr Core, Kickr Climb, EVERYTHING updated to the latest version. What can I do to avoid the gradient lag? Do I need to change to PC and ANT+? Or should I rather try competitors like Sufferfest and whatnot? I mean I‘m a gamer at heart and I love cycling - Zwift is my big love! But if you don‘t manage to get that issue fixed I will find an activity which appreciates my valuable time more than this…

Did I mention that I convinced one friend already to join the community and another one is pending? Really don‘t think that other guy will join if I leave. No, this is not a threat - it‘s a fact.

No bad feelings, I really want to get this fixed…

Oliver

If your Kickr is on the latest firmware, then you’d probably find it would fix the problem if you reverted its firmware. There are instructions on how to do this in other threads.

Thanks a lot Steve! Will try that. But man, searching for the downgrade descriptions I found that this issue reaches back to March! Boy oh boy, that paints a sinister picture of Zwift. Those guys just don‘t care, do they? From my perspective this is a really critical issue and this downgrade workaround doesn‘t even work for everyone…

1 Like