'Ghost' Training

It would be rad to have the ability to race against a ‘ghost’ of yourself based on the previous lap. This would be really helpful for pacing during sustained efforts, or intervals.

6 Likes

I like this idea. I would also add being able to race yourself from multiple previous rides. If you wanted to do 5 laps you could ghost race your top 10 (or whatever number) best 5 lap rides. This would add the element of pacing yourself rather than just trying to beat the previous lap.

1 Like

How about a Ghost of each jersey-holder every time you hit a jersey-section? Put those 'roided-up AIs to good use!

+1

I like this too. A lot. Add to it a feature to select your rivals (Zwift-calculated and user selected) so that you can ride with/against them asynchronously.

Race/training renactments. Finally, I can have the race to do over again (not really, but in some ways). I really want to make up for a mistake I made at Tokeneke road race in 2011, cat 4. I timed my move around the leader at the top of the final 2 mile climb, and damn, there was another 300m to the finish! I was cooked. The dude passed me in the sprint. However, if I had timed my move a touch later, the guy who has 3 bike lengths to my rear might have surged around me. In reality, I got second that day… would I have won if I had timed my move a little later? Or would I have gotten 3rd? It’s impossible to know the outcomes of these fantasy replays.

Of course, no one else is interested in my past race wonderings, but I know lots of people have similar thoughts. It would be fun to ride these scenarios after accumulating some rides and races on Zwift. Ricardo Montalbon could be the fantasy race promoter --and Hervé Villechaize could be the starter. Too bad those guys aren’t around these days.

1 Like

I really like the Ghost Training idea and would love to see it sometime in the future. Thumbs up from me.

1 Like

It would be great that before start riding the user could select 1 to 10 ghosts or bots from a list based on w/kg or in lap times. A similar feature is working on Bkool and it is very usefull.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add to the Ghost jersey 3.5 w/kg or 3.7 w/kg or 2.0 w/kg  on different ghost when there aren’t team rides. Could this way do some training at a level I need by picking the level on jersey and use them as a pacer around the courses? This is a lot like Javier suggestion. on 8/21/15

If zwift only had one feature, I would choose this feature over everything else.  When I am training I want to train against myself, in this way knowing if I am actually improving.  I figure that will all the great features zwift has, that racing against your previous rides was already there.  Is anyone aware of software that will allow for this experience?

1 Like

I don’t know why this feature is not implemented yet, I think that is very easy to programm. It would be like a Race at any time

1 Like

I was angling for this feature too, but the idea is already there --Zwift shows us our best times on key segments, and gives us ETA on those segments. Do we really need more? What’s the goal? To sit on your own wheel/ass and come around at the end for a PR?

That’s a fine training goal in a sense, but rather pedantic. There are thousands of riders on Zwift with whom you can mix it up. And Zwift seems to be all about mixing it up, getting social with your riding. If you want to ride with yourself, there are plenty of tools out there for that.

Going out, playing, having fun, beating and sometimes losing to other riders will make you a better rider. 

+1

+1 from me too.

I’d like to race against a ghost of my best lap.  Maybe both Previous Lap and Best Lap?

1 Like