General feedback for ZRL

This is what I posted in the previous b*tchfest about start times:

Check it out. These times are west coast America: Between the 9:30am and the 11:35am start times, there are 7, count 'em, SEVEN, separate events. That’s seven events in just over two hours. Two pairs of them are 5 minutes apart. I’m not going to go in and see if these events have huge fields so maybe each of them gets 93 teams but probably not. Just does not make sense for there to be this seven hour hole followed by a two hour period saturated with start times.

Oh yeah, this is followed by a four hour hole.

Yes, @Alan_Wyers_Team_TFC I’m sure there’s a good reason for this little bit of odd scheduling by WTRL, it just eludes my ancient brain. Like a lot of things.

Similarly I’d want a wider range of timeslots for Europe - there’s a massive seven different EMEA regions, yet they are all grouped in a tiny 2 hour (and 5 minute) range.

Before they expanded EMEA the week before the season started, the latest race time was 19:30 (London) which was too early for me unless I’m working from home; they then added two extra timezones and I thought “great, they’ll bring back either the 19:45 or the 20:00 races again that they used to have”. Nope - they went with 19:35, while still keeping a 19:30 as well…

No doubt. Maybe if they spread some of those ones that are FIVE minutes apart.

I like the TTT because it allows the riders who are always just making up the numbers and finishing for a point to make a bigger contribution to a team performance. There’s also no points race courses for ‘diesel engine style’ riders to shine but they can really contribute in the TTT. I think the balance of 5 points races to 3 TTTs was the best.

When you dissect the complaints about TTT they are not because of the event itself being flawed but they are because people choose to cheat and play unfairly.

4 Likes

With no mechanism in place to either prevent cheating or to detect it after the fact.

The problem is with devious people though, not the event. However many rules or systems you bring in, some people will always look for loopholes or ways to cheat.

Last season in the Premier division we got a new rule clarification nearly every week because the week before someone had found how to play the system. For some people the main lure of Zwift is the computer game aspect rather than the fitness aspect. Playing the system and getting away with it is what brings them the high (rather than the burn in your legs and exploding lungs feel that stimulates endorphins in those who like to play fair).

1 Like