Garmin Forerunner and Cooldown

Hi, I’m pretty new to this (first post). Have successfully setup Zwift on iPad with Garmin 245.
Today I did workout from Garmin coach while in virtual run mode. All worked well until the Garmin went to the “cool-down” phase of the workout when Zwift just stopped. Anyone else seen this? It didn’t happen with warm up and worked perfectly up until that point. It was like the watch stopped transmitting.
Thanks

Hi @Evan_Hunter welcome to the Zwift community forums!

I took a look at your account and there are definitely some signs of wireless interference going on.

I’m not sure how familiar you are with wireless intereference as a whole, so I’ll give you a brief rundown of what I’m seeing. One of our key indicators is RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator). We’re seeing an RSSI value of around 60-65 with spikes up to 90. The ideal range for a BLE signal is anywhere between 30 and 50.

This is a bit like the temperature when reading it, you may not notice an increase of 1 or 2 degrees but you would certainly notice a difference of 5 or 10 degrees, the farther above the ideal range you are the more and more you’re going to notice those dropouts, some of which might not be something the connection can recover from.

I’d like to start by having you take a look at this support article which covers some of the more common wireless interference issues you might come across. I encourage you to be pretty thorough with it, a slight change might not seem like it would affect things, but they sure can pile up!

Please let us know if you have any questions, or are still having issues.

1 Like