Garmin Epix 2 HR not syncing/showing with Zwift Hub One Trainer connected for indoor cycling mode

When I connect my Garmin Epix 2 (fully updated as of today) with my Zwift Hub One trainer (also fully updated as of today), and then I goto indoor cycling activity, the Garmin wrist HR monitor appears to be active based on light sensors, but it does not show any HR on the watch face (just dashes next to HR display) and does not show on Zwift app (even if enable HR broadcasting). If I disconnect my Zwift trainer and then launch the indoor cycling activity, it does show my HR on the watch face, so it appears to be a configuration or compatibility/bug issue (or other user error by me).

Any advice on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated as prefer to not have to use an external HR monitor other than my Garmin wrist watch for my Zwifting!

And I spent time with Garmin support chat and they were not able to resolve.

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem. When my epix 2 is connected to my Zwift Hub, I have to use an external HRM strap as a HR source. All worked well with my wahoo trainer…

I have the same issue with my Apple watch Ultra.

I don’t know what the Garmin problem is about, but the Apple Watch issue is a known problem since Zwift version 1.58 and supposedly will be addressed in 1.60

Same issue here. Any update?

Zwift says not supported for Garmin Epix 2 and has only worked erratically so stopped trying to pair w watch for HRM.

Hi everyone, welcome to forums. I’m Juan from Zwift. I appreciate everyone who shares their query regarding the Garmin Epix 2 pairing.

We would love to support as many devices as we can. However, as @Michael_Schallop mentioned, Garmin Epix 2 is not listed as compatible with Zwift. This doesn’t mean your watch isn’t capable. Simply, it has not been tested.

While it can be used for what you are looking for (as a heart rate monitor), we cannot guarantee performance for the reason already mentioned.

We’ll update the Supported Devices article accordingly if we decide to expand our Watches list in the future. For a complete list of devices we support, please check this article.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. You are always more than welcome.

FWIW those devices listed were all released by Garmin 5 years ago and are two generations old at this point.

1 Like

The link to the list you provided appears to be for running hardware.
However, the OP is specifically about indoor cycling.

I find it hard to believe that Zwift wont work/ doesnt support the Epix 2. It’s one of Garmin’s most popular watches.

While I love Zwift for bike training, I agree that it should be a must to support the current Garmin devices as the typical Zwift rider/user is most likely using these new Garmin watches as a serious cyclist/triathlete.