Game Update - September 3rd, 2020

They get plenty of suggestions via other threads on this forum and surveys.

We can all post any feedback wherever, all for the freedoms of the forums.

And, as an SE, I can tell you from experience that its quite a good feeling to get “tokens” after the team kicks its butt to get a feature or bug fix out :wink:

All the best mate, no ill will

8 Likes

And if I were that product owner I would make damn sure I fixed simple bugs caused by previous updates 4 months ago were fixed before we started looking at introducing new features.

Not having features that you don’t know about never upset anyone but breaking working features is very noticeable to the community.

14 Likes

Few bugs are simple lol but I hear you

Why a fence anyway. I hate it. As do all the people that ignore it I’m guessing.

3 Likes

Recognition of my TACX Neo 2T, running Zwift on a Mac, broken again with this update. But this time the resetting PRAM, Bluetooth module and removing potentially corrupt files not restoring connections. TACX Ant + dongle recognised and my Garmin HRM recognised.

Not recognising Neo 2T through Bluetooth either.

Ideas to resolve this please?

Thanks

UPDATE: Resolved by uninstalling and re-installing a new copy of Zwift.

Checkout Pace Bots thread plus a couple of others with numerous reports including those in this one where I asked Shooj to make sure you folks tied the issues together.

[edit] happy to provide additional info outside this thread if you need it

2 Likes

@Andrew_Schlaepfer

Through Zwift’s Connections page, you can connect to Facebook to find your FB friends who Zwift,

After you connect Zwift to Facebook, you’ll be sent an email of your friends who’ve done the same. From there, you can click on your friends’ profile links in the email and add them as friends on Zwift. Each time a new friend links Zwift to FB, we’ll automatically alert you via email.

Beacon can choose to let the fence kick riders instead of just displaying a warning.

That is a sequence of events, it happened to me too and I meant to report it. From the start menu I opted to ride with Diesel Dan for my warm up, and my event was set to start in a few min. I joined my event as usual, and it carried on. When I ended my ride, a survey for the bot came up and I rated it, then immediately the game crashed. I went back in to the app on iOS (iPad) and it put me back where I left off. I did manage to save my ride/data, but it had a photo from the warm up and not the event. It also didn’t have the event name, just Richmond or whatever it was. This happened Tuesday, before the release today.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t think that is correct. The original fence removed flyers, this one at present only gives a warning. I did a group ride tonight where the lead said that if the fence allowed removal 132 riders would be gone.

Rowing has been forgotten again.Maybe it will drop very zoon after the academy wraps up. December release maybe?

5 Likes

I’ve had this crash twice on iOS. The sequence of events are:

1. Sign up for an event.
  2. Join bot to warm-up
  3. JOIN event (on a different world)
  4. Complete event and go to end the ride
  5. Survey appears (first time I chose not to complete the survey, second time I did complete the survey)
  6. Go to the next screen with the option to SAVE the ride
  7. Tap on SAVE and Zwift immediately crashes to iOS desktop
  8. I can restart Zwift and it will recognise that I haven’t completed the previous ride and gives me the option to continue which I chose and I can then save the ride.

The first time I rode with the bot I did not go on to join an event and the survey did not cause a crash. It seems like it is only causing a crash if I join an event after warming up with the bot.

3 Likes

Exact same thing happened to me

Thank you👍

Is the update the cause of all the issues I am now suddenly having with ERG?

5 Likes

Surely it can’t do? It was said earlier this year that there new UI was fully developed and ready to go!

1 Like

Reboot of the AppleTV seems to have fixed the issue. Will see if it recurs tomorrow

Same issue

And I will stop to pay them for the same period :grimacing:

I would love to see the fence count down from 1 minute and if you were still beyond, dump you behind the field of riders in the event.

7 Likes