Game Update: Oct 29, 2019

Yes you would need two subscriptions, no family plan for Zwift at this time.

Regarding bike and tires for the Jungle Route. I will never be able to unlock the Mountain Bike. I’m training on a recumbent trike. So please keep this in mind as you develop things. And a lot more trike riders have now joined swift (a trike avatar please, hint hint).

There are many trikes and tires designed for speed, touring and off road.

So how are we supposed to obtain an appropriate bike for the Jungle (though if I’m reading your info properly you may still be developing this)?

If it’s a matter of purchasing one in dropshop, there are many frames and so many tires to select from. What is best?

I’ve read the Insider articles regarding the tests of the frames and tires. And have made my selection based on the tests (I’m a level 12).

Have you ever considered being able to trade in your purchase for more drops? Even half price the value of what you paid for it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jeanette

4 Likes

Thanks for all the work, and the accessibility of you guys. Love this platform.

Brilliant.

Just one thing… please let us change maps without exiting!

4 Likes

Hi could you please speak to Schwinn treadmills so I can use Zwift on it then I can use you again

Kind regards
Kieron Morris

(Private Info removed)

I noticed after the update that when I would drop into London or Watopia, it was saying that I was already several tenths of a mile to almost two miles into a course. In London, I think it was about 1.8 miles and in Watopia it was about .6 of a mile. Is this a mistake or something we should expect now. I was having to keep track of how far I had gone by looking at the distance recorded and subtracting where I started as opposed to just starting at zero and then looking at the counter on the screen.

Thanks.

Hello.
Yesterday 29.10 I first time used Zwift with Kickr Core and Windows 10 (1903 , 18362.418) , bluetooth connection, every things working fine. Today 30.10 after update, Zwift show Kickr Core connected but No Signal display. Is it possible to block patch installation? What you changed about bluetooth and can it be fixed ?

Zbyszek

Hey Jon, I got my Samsung s9+ to connect to Zwift and my Wahoo snap one time. Since then 0 times. My wifes same exact phone connects no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Zwift app (not companion) and it still wont connect. Any advice
on this? Thanks

error in licking the distance to the finish. Going at 0.3km the distance changes to 500m

Thanks for the Candor Jon, appreciate the feedback. I personally don’t believe your resistance algorithm is very accurate or enjoyable for that matter, I can go considerably faster on my gravel bike on dirt roads. If this feature was purely for new routes that would be different, but changing existing training metrics for all of us was not very considerate of past training for your user base.

It would be one thing if these routes were 20 miles long, but having dirt areas connecting or intersecting some of my favorite training sections, has me reconsidering doing these routes, or even riding in Watopia… this naturally has led me to even considering other platforms altogether as though I love Zwift, it’s not the only game in town and I’m not using this for it’s role playing appeal but for training.

If you are going to stay with this direction perhaps you could create a button on the menu so we can pre-load a secondary bike (MTB or whatever) so we don’t have to stop our training sessions just to switch bikes.

The supposed realism is not very realistic, and you are correct that the manner it was unveiled was “poor”.

Hoping your future efforts visit the Requested Features section of this forum a little more frequently.

Thanks again for all the hard work to the Dev team, though I don’t personally enjoy aspects of this update, I do enjoy all the diligent work which has gone into this resource… and the single track is a blast, looking forward to more!

… Oh, and I’m not seeing the Cannondale Evo SuperSix, is it there?

Thanks for listening!

4 Likes

We had the trike avatar a few years ago… I use it as my profile image.

1 Like

I’m on PC, and also get Watopia’s Waistband instead of The Magnificent 8. I got a couple of parts, so I’m definitely on the latest version.

3 Likes

Thank you fixing meet-up speeds. Love the features you recently added, it really makes meet-ups work.

Really enjoyed the Dinos today. Special Kudos to who ever placed the Jack-O-Lantern decorations on the Alpe.

No issues with RR, but the MTB shouldn’t be an unlock while you retrofit RR to eg Jungle Circuit. Everyone should have the chance to use the MTB on a much loved course that matches it, and allows their rides to make the best of the course. That would help disarm some of the critics who are disappointed at the change in times relative to their previous PRs.

PS I have tried Repack Ridge a couple of times and am still honing my steering technique (and making sure Wi-fi is solid!) I can do the time but missing some stars. But it’s a great little diamond in the dust, to coin a phrase!

Since you read the comments let me just say I have to share my Zwift rides with Strava publicly n order to use ZwiftPower. It is verembarassi g because Zwift speed is so wildly inaccurate for a given power and it makes me look like I average like a Tour de France rider instead a low end cat 4. I’ve heard the arguments that it’s mathematically sound well push posh, it isn’t even close. For a given power, for my weight, for the flats, for a group ride…it’s still too fast, by far.

The single track was a great game idea. Doesn’t work on my iphone unless it is hand held and tilted side to side. But, it is nice looking.

What I see is that the gravel speed is a bit too slow. Maybe just a tweak faster so it is not so noticeably slower. Or is there a mix tire that will slot in the middle between fast and quicksand speeds?

Thanks for reading and look forward to “6 months of work” being released.

2 Likes

Bring back the Trike!

Thanks a lot Jon and the Zwift team!!! Zwift is absolutely incredible!!! And it’s amazing how you never rest and are always updating it!! You’re making lots of people healthier! Incredible that we can ride with people all over planet Earth from our lounge!!! What a time to be alive!! Keep up the great work!! :smiley:

I also got ‘Watopia’s Waistband’ as the route, but it wasn’t even that route as it started downtown and tried to take me up the Epic KOM, before I manually turned to the desert. Some sort of wacky bug in that one! (I’m on Apple TV.)

1 Like

Thanks Jon. Appreciate the forum. Can rides post the use of the fence? It would be useful. Also, the fence is a complete turn-off. It’s unrealistic, contrived and forced participation. Zwift is a great, real world simulation. The fence is contrary to the product.

2 Likes

Good point, the events pages should maybe state what the road type would be too. Great feedback from Zwift too.

1 Like