Game Update: Oct 29, 2019

The steering feature is only avaliable on a specific offroad section in Titan’s Grove. The people veering into you aren’t steering, that is just a glitch

Any news on ghost riders???

1 Like

That’s good news. Can be off putting mid-set and thank you for the response.

kind regards,

Mike Stacey

Hi Jon, got an idea regarding hats.

1st of March is St David’s day.

To mark the day, Welsh people around the world wear one or both of Wales’s national emblems - a daffodil and a leek. Special concerts and parades are also held.

Google Welsh Daffodil :blossom: hat

Regards

Paul

(Attachment 25-008249411-01.pdf is missing)

1 Like

I was one of the people who had a bit of a moan about the new resistance on gravel and the affect it had on races etc. so I just want to say I really appreciate your message here and acknowledgement of the problems in the way the new feature was rolled out. Can I just add though that as well as the timing of updates, the other problem with the way this change happened was a lack of communication as to which wheelsets were now performing better than others on gravel - it turns out to be just the MTB wheels for now, but this wasn’t made clear at all when the update was released. And the way gravel affects speed on road wheels vs MTB (or pre and post update) seems to be WAY more than any weight or aero differences between equipment which already existed, so this makes it more critical! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Jon, got an idea regarding hats.

1st of March is St David’s day.

To mark the day, Welsh people around the world wear one or both of Wales’s national emblems - a daffodil and a leek. Special concerts and parades are also held.

Google Welsh Daffodil :blossom: hat

One more thought - I’ve been riding on Zwift for years, but to be honest I still don’t know exactly where all “gravel” (i.e anything affected by the resistance changes) sections are. So its all very well having new gravel wheelsets and choosing what’s best for the terrain, but in order to enjoy doing this, a bit more and clearer info on where exactly these sections with added resistance are would really help. Obviously we do the same kind of thing with choosing light vs aero equipment now, but by contrast this is a pretty straightforward matter of looking at the course profile to decide what to choose, so works well. Having these equipment differences only works if we can make informed decisions, rather than things being left to chance, so I don’t know if there’s a way for Zwift to make this info about road surfaces clearer and more accessible somehow. Thanks again!

4 Likes

@Jon could we use this route in events? would be a nice new route :slight_smile:

/Martin

3 Likes

It’s Ben 2 or more years asking for a handbike avatar !!!

6 Likes

That’s great, thank you! What about the Android ANT+ support ?

2 Likes

Thank you and PLEASE KEEP TJE STEERING PATH FOR EVER!! and make MORE!!! Thank you, Michelle Swogger

1 Like

Hi their awesome team. I would like if the companion app on iphone can show the gradient and elevation when riding and not just on the pc, i like to watch youtube and some movies on my pc while i do my endurance rides and i just watch my companion app now and then but to gear up and down and be prepared would be nice to add this

Keep up the good work Zwift is awesome

1 Like

Hi,

Something funny I noticed whilst riding in a group, if the group passes someone you can sometimes sort of become stuck behind that person and you have to push an extra 30 or 40 watts to pass that person.

Not a really natural feel. If that could be sorted out?

Kind Regards.

Erik

PLEASE more singletrack. Lots of us are dedicated MTBers and not roadies. It would be awesome to have some XC climbs to look at as well as some awesome descents. Start with flow trails, add tech and jump lines later. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the updates and explanations, Jon. One thing I wonder about, though, is where the rolling resistance factor for the dirt roads came from. Maybe the dirt is really crazy in CA? But where I live riding on a packed dirt road (which is what I seem to be seeing in Zwift) will not scrape off nearly as much speed as I am seeing in Zwift. On a ride earlier this week, at the same power output my avatar slowed from 17mph to 12mph. That is just not realistic. Slowing to 15-16mph would be closer to what actually happens. So, go ahead and make the rolling resistance different on the various road surfaces, but please at least make it realistic.

13 Likes

“as well as races being won unfairly”

It wasn’t “unfairly”, it was “erroneously” because of a Zwift software screw up.

Unfair would imply that those of us hit by the mistake would not have seen great results, possibly our best, removed from Zwift with no communication, got DQ’d on Zwiftpower and then, when we do eventually hear, get tacitly accused of riding unfairly, i.e. cheating, when we did nothing except ride our bikes and Zwift were the ones who screwed it up.

fwiw the fairest thing would’ve been to cancel everyone’s results for the broken races, but failing that it would have been a lot nicer to have heard directly from Zwift at the time.

1 Like

Finding training rides: Either I’m doing it wrong, or it’s harder to find rides than it should be. :man_shrugging:t2:

Thanks…

••••

Robert Cowling

I would like to be able to change ride, course, or workout
without having to shut down Zwift entirely.

18 Likes

Thank you for addressing the rolling resistance issue. I am normally fairly positive about Zwift so thank you for trying new things all the time.

I am on the bottom end of the B group so when they jack up the speed in the dirt sections due to software issues, it just makes hanging on that much more difficult for me. It definitely affected at least two group rides that I was in.

I commented on the steering but I will add here again. There are better things to work on. It doesn’t work well enough to use.

Humberto

image001.jpg

Can I put my swift Membership on hold when I’m taking a long trip?

Barbara McIntyre

1 Like