Game Update: Oct 1, 2019

What a complete waste of time and it was poorly implemented. Jungle circuit friction penalty hits you like a hurricane headwind and it doesn’t even stop when you hit some of the wooden bridges around the jungle. Please UNMODEL this stupid implementation and concentrate on new maps and routes.
I feel this entire update is a complete waste of time, when time could be focused elsewhere on more demanding things.

10 Likes

I know Watopia like my own pocket and have no problems to find any place. But maybe some signs before crossings would help new riders to navigate and if nicely designed would look good as well.

3 Likes

IDD

I’ve said the same myself in the past. But ultimately course experience handles the task well enough I think.

Excellent news. Just one question. I’m trying to play this new course but don’t find this. Can you help me? Thank you very much

Choose the Titans Grove route on Watopia and it will be a could miles up the road.

1 Like

The problem is I can’t find the Titans Grove route. The app are updated but I don’t find this

Are you choosing Watopia?

What device are you running Zwift on and what is the version number?

Hi David… my kids use Zwift and they are able to enter their weight, my young lad is only 25kg. We use an IPad

Totally agree Darren… it’s Effin ■■■■!!

Hey Zwift, this tyre thing is total rubbish. Be good people and reverse it. Was in a group ride today that was 2.5w/kg. I couldn’t go past 1.2 w/kg or I’d shoot past the fence, utter nonsense. Ye should be concentrating on making a level playing field. If I want a ride around 2.5w/kg I shouldn’t have to analyse what tyres I need to make me work that hard. It ruined the group ride. It makes no sense

5 Likes

Yes. I choose watopia.
I usually play on iPad air 2

Awesome??.. honestly it’s an unnecessary PITA. I don’t go road biking on my MTB etc.

3 Likes

Check to see if you need to update
Also, make sure you are also using the ZCA.

@Jon I hope you are urgently re-thinking the changes made with regards resistance changes on dirt/gravel sections as the affect is that races and group rides have been completely spoilt I’m afraid. E.G. a downhill gravel section of Road to Ruins is having a HUGE affect on speed for some riders and not others - we’re talking minutes not seconds. We have no idea which wheelsets have what affect so it’s a complete lottery. Previous/existing strava segment times have been made irrelevant. The time/speed affect is HUGELY more than any differences from bike equipment changes that Zwift has had before - these small differences didn’t really affect racing too much - this new change does.

If we have full, detailed info on 1)where gravel sections are and 2)how different wheelsets are affected by resistance now on gravel and tarmac, there might be an argument for this change as at least we could make informed equipment choices (although new people will still constantly be caught out). You really can’t/shouldn’t implement this without provding this info as you have turned racing into pure chance and group rides into chaos.

Personally, even with full info as per above I don’t think it will work becase as I say, newer users who havent done detailed reseah will constantly get caught out, and I just think it complicates things too much. Maybe have this kind of feature in specific new gravel routes or something but PLEASE don’t spoil well loved, regular racing routes in this way - it’s a massive step backwards.

I feel strongly about this only because I enjoy Zwift so much and don’t want it to be inadvertantly spoilt by features like this that may have unintended consequences - thanks.

12 Likes

The rolling resistance is a completly useless update… Who was even asking for this? If someone doesn’t update they have an advantage in a race. When basic things like the KM to go counter don’t work why are you adding pointless features. I’m a CTO for a living and some of the decisions you make are beyond bizarre. Basic bugs never get fixed and pointless features come out.

6 Likes

if you can’t fix it create distraction(s) - not sure if it is valid for zwift…

1 Like

This might be good for some but the Zwift screen only now filling the lower left portion of the Apple TV screen! I need a fix!

Agreed. It is more than a little frustrating that the items that Zwift’s customers are asking for, and have been asking for for years, are being ignored. A planned program to implement these, or at least acknowledgement as to if they going to be implemented would be good. Asking their customers what they want, and then ignoring them is not a good look.

Bob

5 Likes

I rode Titans Grove the other day, but I was not able to take the secret intersection. Is there anything specific I have to do?

Can one take it while doing a workout? Must one be on a certain level? Anything special to know?

Many thanks.

Are you sure you’re approaching it from the right direction?

The entrance can only be accessed riding north to south. If you’re riding south to north, you’ll go past the exit first (on your left). Then you have to keep riding until you’ve passed the entrance. Ride a bit beyond that, then do a U-turn. The arrow (question mark) should pop up.

I use the Quatch Quest route myself. Start riding and the entrance junction should appear after about 3.5km.

1 Like