Game Update: Oct 1, 2019

Hi, it would be nice to include another Epica mountain like The Tourmalet or Pyrenees and continue testing the runners.
Also the challenges as they are completed there is no more.

Regards

2 Likes

I was unable to access the course from either direction. No idea how to get the “secret” entrance key

Since I have no way to mount my phone to my handlebars, I had a go withit in the radio pocket of my bib shorts. So, upper back, leaning to steer. It took a bit of getting used to. First attempt I got 5/10 stars, overcompensating to adjust my line. Second time I tried to be a bit more analogue in my steering. Came out with 8/10 stars and a ~30 second improvement. Lost of full star on the first section (“a bit rough”, cheeky). That was really annoying because I got a full star on my first run when I was all over the place!

If the phone is on your upper back and you get out of the saddle, the avatar sways left and right. Looked quite realistic I thought. =)

Overall, I think having the phone in the middle of my back won’t be a long term solution. The steering felt quite unnatural, and certainly not the “it just works” that GPLama felt in his video.

Also, it’s impossible to see the map or give ride ones/use power ups via the Companion app if it’s behind me. :smiley:

I’ll have to invest in a bike mount.

2 Likes

Hi !
Just wanted to say I think the intro cycling plan 101 is a great addition. I would have loved it 2 years ago when I first joined Zwift as it would have explained a few things and saved me some time figuring things out. And makes it easier to recommend Zwift to recreational cyclists. ( Those of us who really do not like pelatons …sorry !! ).

I tried it for this week as I am just heading indoors ( and coming off a lousy cold) and wanted to test my FTP.

QUestion: Is the plan meant to be done in ERG mode. Not clear.

1 Like

Agreed…how the hell can you steer (or want to) when 99.99% of people are on a riser block!!!..everyone wants more worlds not steering…what next juggernauts passing close by at 60 mph for a more real road feel?

RIDE RESTART - (Repack Ridge)

I cancelled my MTB trial on the “Repack Ridge” mid ride using the “Quit” button lower left of screen and was sent to a spawning area at the end of the course on the tar. Seemed fine until I noticed that my ride distance had been reset to 0km and the previous best on the trail had been deleted from the leaderboard (OUCH!!).

Pretty sure you guys are already in the throws of fixing this BUG.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Greg (iKapture) Smith

That was fun! 2.2 miles in for anyone interested… I restarted once thinking I’d missed it somehow. Turning the sensitivity down by 1/8" helped enormously.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, though the steering would detract from real training performance for me… but the fun factor can never be underestimated!

Here’s a plug for a Fuego Flats detour that takes you through the train tunnel and over the bridge!

Thanks Zwift, very cool!

I snagged my 1 yr old’s “Twist n Spin” toy for under the front tire… worked flawlessly, and the knobbies kept the tire in place!

Used 2 Rubber Bands to Mount my iPhone :slight_smile:

twistnspin1

twistnspin2

3 Likes

Jose,

Update your App’s (Main Zwift and your Companion) and good luck.

Hey Nic - grab a frisbee and stick it under your wheel (or anything plastic really). No stress on front end at all.

1 Like

Apparently Shane Miller, aka GP Llama, has just released a video on options for mounting your front wheel to enable steering.

1 Like

OMG a frisbee is a great idea! I have been testing an old CD under the wheel which spins nicely but doesn’t stay in place real well.

1 Like

I watched it, he just uses a single solution of a home-made spinning platform based on a table spinning “lazy Susan” rotating platform.

1 Like

Boooooo. You can’t speak for everyone. There are plenty of worlds and they all work the same. There is nothing wrong at all with experimentation in different ways to interact with the gameplay/riding experience. I don’t want more worlds, I want better control over the worlds we already have.

I really enjoyed the mountain bike steering segment, it worked very well and help me focus and work harder! Something I found very distracting were the little labels flying left to right at the bottom of the screen of the riders distance’s behind me. With this twisty course and some riders not using steering and bouncing back and forth, the fast moving, distracting labels were just below the path I was trying to steer to. It would be great to be able to toggle those off.

Increase the priority of the update. The operation must not be painful.
Apple TV 4k remote issues
https://forums.zwift.com/t/apple-tv-4k-remote-issues

Or you could be a cheapskate like me and stick an old saucer under the front wheel. Because it is glazed ceramic it is quite slick so it allows the wheel to turn easily. But the rub on the wheel should not be a big issues since you are not really making huge movements.

1 Like

Did something change with regard to rolling resistance on gravel (for specific wheels) in last update? Did the DBR Wednesday Race last night B CAT (ZwiftPower - Login) and on the gravel part (road to ruins) some riders had a massive advantage on the downhill. In no time this break away had a 2+ minute gap and almost 3 at the finish line. Looking to the power figures, mine were similar or even better to the ones of the front group, so it was not just them riding very fast/hard…

One bug that doesnt seem to have been fixed is when doing a run training plan, if you do a run outside and tick it off as being completed outside, it seems to uncheck itself after a couple of days.

Did you read the first post in this topic?:upside_down_face:

It does seem strange to drop such a significant change without a great selection of tyres to choose from? I realise you can now earn a MTB but what about a gravel bike or tyres? And it doesn’t seem very friendly to have to choose a route and then once started make a choice to change bikes. Feels like something you need to choose straight up depending on route selection.